Valued Member
Mike_P

Reporting error's

A couple of months ago I made a settlement offer with a CA for an old CC debt and settled for $419 when they claimed I owed $835.  Just today I pulled all three CR's and they are all three reporting this differently.  According to EX the $419 was paid and it is now showing as paid, closed and 0 balance.  TU shows this as $419 paid but I know owe $426 and it is still an open account.  EQ shows the account with $419 paid, shows I still owe $426 and is just empty in the account status box.  How do I go about fixing these?  Just try and dispute them on my CR's or contact the CA that I settled with?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 590
Current Score: EQ 628 TU 682 EX 684 (11/29)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
tfsbecause

Re: Reporting error's

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, I was looking for an answer to a similar question. I think we need to write the CRA but I am not sure....

3/08 TU 545
12/09 TU 669
12/10 TU 743
12/11 TU 718

1/12 EX 696

My goal is to to pay down my balances....I've been unemployed and still on top of it all.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Reporting error's

The correct reporing by the debt collector is simple:

Closed, $0 collection balance..

"Paid" apples to OC accounts, not to collections.  A collection is either open or closed.

EX has it right. 

Perhaps the debt collector update has not been completed.  I would not dispute at this time.

Just give them a call and request accurate update to closed, $0 balance.

It is not critical to scoring now, so I would give them a little time.  If you dont get proper update, then file a direct dispute with them under FCRA 623(a)(8), forcing them to correct within 30 days.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+