Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting late

tag
vetstorm91
New Contributor

Reporting late

I have an old debt from 08/2008 that reports every month 90 days late. I offer a paid for delete but they refuse. My question is if they report this 90 day late every month do this hurt my score. Also, if it does hurt should I just pay it off to show it is paid as agreed.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reporting late

Yes, it does hurt when they update and adds the extra interest to the debt. Definitely look around to see if others had PFD success with that creditor. I don't believe in the word "impossible" but I know that some are. IMO, if they reject your PFD attempts month after month, then PIF and then start GWing.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reporting late

The delinquency is just one delinquency.  Monthly "updates" are simply continuing to report that delinquency as the current delinquency status of the account.

It does not add an additionaly delinquency.  If the account was 90 days late and remains unpaid, they could have legitimately reported higher levels of delinquency, so continued reporting of a 90 late is probably to your advantage rather than disadvantage.

I presume the account is now closed?  If so, it wont be updated to paid as agreed, which is a status for an open account in good standing.

It will simply be updated to paid, $0 balance.  If you reach a settlement for less than the full amount, it will still be reported with a curent status of paid, but they can additionally report a special comment of paid for less than the full amount, which is a negative comment in your CR.

If they wont do a PFD, I would at least attempt to negotiate their promise not to report that additional special comment of paid for less.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.