Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting of debt after recall

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting of debt after recall

Hello Everyone,

I had a very good week, I was able to get three baddies deleted. Two from Experian, one from Equifax. While I understand they are gone for good, I have yet to see any update in my FICO scores. Experian deleted one on 22nd and another one 29th but there was no FICO score updating. Does anyone know how long it usually take to get score bump? I dont want to get my hope high if there is nothing going to happen.

As far as Equifax goes, one CO was removed on 30th but still no score update their either. 

I also have one more question, Consider this please; if I am able to get a CO deleted from CR which was being reported by OC. Once CO is removed, I go ahead and pay the OC, Can the OC update the reporting as "PAID" with CRA on a collection that has already been deleted.  Since at the time of payment, no active reporting exist, Can an OC reinsert the RENEWED reporting with "PAID" status?

I appreciate your dedication to this board.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reporting of debt after recall

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I had a very good week, I was able to get three baddies deleted. Two from Experian, one from Equifax. While I understand they are gone for good, I have yet to see any update in my FICO scores. Experian deleted one on 22nd and another one 29th but there was no FICO score updating. Does anyone know how long it usually take to get score bump? I dont want to get my hope high if there is nothing going to happen.

As far as Equifax goes, one CO was removed on 30th but still no score update their either. 

I also have one more question, Consider this please; if I am able to get a CO deleted from CR which was being reported by OC. Once CO is removed, I go ahead and pay the OC, Can the OC update the reporting as "PAID" with CRA on a collection that has already been deleted.  Since at the time of payment, no active reporting exist, Can an OC reinsert the RENEWED reporting with "PAID" status?

I appreciate your dedication to this board.

Its my understanding a CA removal doesnt trigger a score update on Scorewatch will have to wait for a triggering event for it to update. On your question, the answer is yes but then you would be able to go after them for a breech of contract (even if it is verbal) and it also would cost them money to re-insert so it doesnt happen very often, only CAs are really devious with promising and then failing to follow through.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I was able to get two collections deleted. But I did not see any update in scoring. Thhat had me worried.

Could you please explain a bit this;

<a CA removal doesnt trigger a score update on Scorewatch will have to wait for a triggering event for it to update.>

I did not quite understand "wait for triggering event", what is that event and how that takes place?

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

I was able to get two collections deleted. But I did not see any update in scoring. Thhat had me worried.

Could you please explain a bit this;

<a CA removal doesnt trigger a score update on Scorewatch will have to wait for a triggering event for it to update.>

I did not quite understand "wait for triggering event", what is that event and how that takes place?

Im not sure of all the events, from what I have read change in utilization, new accounts/inquiries reporting, will cause a score update with scorewatch

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. In case of Experian, I wanted to know if removal of a collection and an old account with lates and charge-off is going to give a score bump. 

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. In case of Experian, I wanted to know if removal of a collection and an old account with lates and charge-off is going to give a score bump. 

Most likely you will get a bump, the biggest bump comes with the last derog being removed.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I wanted to know, Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.