Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting problem?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting problem?

Hi

I recently was issued a new social security number due to some major identity theft. I currently have 2 capital one cards with $300 limits and a recent small loan with my credit union. I also have a car loan with a sub prime lender. But here is the kicker. The auto loan, which is paid religiously on time with auto pay is reporting to my old social security number, even though the lender only has and has only ever had my new number. What should I do? I want this positive line on my credit. I have called and they say they are reporting to my new number. But they say they could be reporting using my name and address only, which will link to my old number. I have no idea what to do.

And suggestions would be great.

T
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reporting problem?

Bump! I would ask the CU to please report under the new number. Anyone else?

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CU will report to the new number. But the auto lender is not.
Message 3 of 9
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Did you ask them to report with your new number? If so what did they say? I'm sure they can.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. The said the report using name, address and DOB. Sonits automatically posting to the old number.
Message 5 of 9
J91605
Frequent Contributor

HMmmm. I don't know. someone with more knowledge than I will have to chime in. I would say to call the CRAs and tell them you have an account that is not reporting, but I would be afraid they might combine the to numbers. I do know it can happen.

Anyone?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what my fear is. I do not want the two combined. And I was told to not ask for certain lines to be loved over cause they will move it all.
Message 7 of 9
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Yeah tiptoe on that one! Good luck. Maybe ask RobertEG. He is the first person on hear I would ask.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.