Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting what to do

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Reporting what to do

I have a old hsbc credit card that was charged off but transferred to capital one prior to closing...

On my experian CR it shows that the account is with Calvary Portfolio. 

On my Tranunion account is still shows it with capital one. It states" Chargeoff" Last payment made: 09/23/2011, Date updated: 06/30/2012. Date closed 11/16/2011. Estimated date to be removed 6/2018.

My question is show I pdf calvary or capital one or both? 

I have gotten letters from calvary so I am not sure if it is just reporting wrong on the Transunion report or just has not been updated to calvarly.. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: Reporting what to do

I guess I should add on my experian report there is not a dofd. 

Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The OC and CA can both report the same account. Call the OC and see if they will accept payment, if not then they sold it to the CA. At that point you will call the CA to PFD if they accept.

Message 3 of 6
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

personally id....

1. find out who owns the debt

2. if oc, ask them to recall and pay directly

3. if ca, send dv

4. pfd...keep in mind that an entity can only change THEIR entry. ie the ca cant promise to delete the oc entry, or vice-versa

if oc recalls and accepts a pfd, i would then turn around and cra dispute the ca entry, which will be verified (probably). then id send mov in the hopes the ca just decides its not worth all the trouble to jack with an acct they arent going to (or already have depending on the oc/ca contract) get paid further anyway. if they do then youre stuck riding the gw train for awhile.

at the end of the day, when its a dual entry (oc/ca both reporting), youre typically stuck with one of them. get a pfd with one (ca most damaging to score in most cases), and gw the bejezus out of the other.

Message 4 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

and thanks for this. 

Message 5 of 6
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

fo' sho'......good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.