Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reposession

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reposession

About 5 years ago I got a car that was a lemon. It is showing in all 3 reports as a write-off (old 2004)AND a "current" (2007) REPO. I had the car a month, and it broke down. I was young and dumb. I signed a blank contract and gave they guy $500 bucks. I was so happy that someone would finance me i didnt care. Now I am paying for it. Is there anything I can do to have this taken off?
Message Edited by Status35 on 03-04-2009 05:35 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reposession

When did the repo occur?

You say about 4 years ago is when you bought it, which would be about 2005, but you say it shows as a write off on a 2003 report.

The account should remain 7 - 7 1/2 years from DOFD, which is the date the account went delinquent and was never caught up.

If you have an EQ report from EQ, it should show DOFD. If you have a EX or TU report directly from them, it should show a date of removal.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I edited the post. what I see happening is that the write off is old, but the repo shows like i currently got the car. its like they opened a NEW repo account or something.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the reporting twice or just changed the initial account to show something different?

If you haven't already, get your free annual reports to get information regarding the DOFD being reported.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my credit report it shows twice. One says writeoff with the original date and $0 closed. The other says REPO with an amount owed. Both are from the same finance company and they show different dates.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the SOL for this passed or can you PIF?

Is there a removal date or DOFD listed?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.