Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repossession help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repossession help!

So I have a repossession from Exeter Finance Corp dating back to 3/14. I was wondering if I should attempt a PFD or call them and try to settle it and do a GW campaign afterwards? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repossession help!

Depends on whether you have the funds to PIF if they decide to "get serious"

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They charged off the amount that I owed, but they keep reporting a higher amount each month. I have the funds now, but just barely. If it keeps growing, I won't.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it certainly won't hurt to ask for a PFD....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ture, but my biggest worry is awakening a sleeping giant that could easily file a lawsuit if the numbers on my credit report aren't 10% accurate and they say I owe more than I think.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats why we generally say do it only if you have the funds to PIF, just in case they "get serious". I have not heard of anyone dealing with Exeter (thats who my car is currently financed with) so I don't know how agressive they could get, but in general, most OC's will try to work with you, if they see you are serious about getting something paid off. I would possible start with making a 50% settlement offer and go from there. Basically approach them with "I have x dollars from my tax return and I might be able borrow y dollars from my family, could we possible settle this for z dollars? If they seem amenable to a settlement, then feel them out for a PFD for the full amount.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan. Thank you for your input!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.