cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representative says will PFD on Live Chat. Will this hold up?

tag
savagetyler
Established Member

Representative says will PFD on Live Chat. Will this hold up?

I have just did a live chat with comcast after trying with 1 other who would not talk on the subject of PFD.

They informed me in writing on live chat that after payment this will be cleared from my collections. I went ahead with it and made payment since my plan was to pay the OC and then send CA a DV letter if they are still reporting and hope they will clear it out. 

My questions is will this hold up if they do not delete and the DV does not work, will this this hold up if i were to report it?

Here is important parts of the conversation: "Once payment is made, your record to Collections will be cleared." and "I do assure you that your record will be removed from Collections once the account is paid"

Please let me know if i did this correctly?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Representative says will PFD on Live Chat. Will this hold up?

"I do assure you that your record will be removed from Collections once the account is paid"

To me, that would mean the obvious...... that the debt would no longer be in collection once it no longer exists.

I am having trouble understanding the entire post as it relates to statements by the OC as to how their debt collector will handle their reporting once the debt is paid.

If the debt is paid to the debt collector or to the OC, one must notify the other, and the end result is that the collection must by updated to report paid, and the collection must be closed.  Neither of those pertain to the deletion of the reported collection.

The collection is reported by the debt collector, and only they can delete their reporting.

Thus, what is the OC promising pertaining to PFD of reporting of another?

I am confused.  Perhaps confusion was the intent of the OC......

Message 2 of 3
savagetyler
Established Member

Re: Representative says will PFD on Live Chat. Will this hold up?

That now makes me worried, I should of asked if Tha CA line will be deleted. I hope this is removed I did read some got PFD over phone and they did remove.

@RobertEG wrote:

"I do assure you that your record will be removed from Collections once the account is paid"

To me, that would mean the obvious...... that the debt would no longer be in collection once it no longer exists.

I am having trouble understanding the entire post as it relates to statements by the OC as to how their debt collector will handle their reporting once the debt is paid.

If the debt is paid to the debt collector or to the OC, one must notify the other, and the end result is that the collection must by updated to report paid, and the collection must be closed.  Neither of those pertain to the deletion of the reported collection.

The collection is reported by the debt collector, and only they can delete their reporting.

Thus, what is the OC promising pertaining to PFD of reporting of another?

I am confused.  Perhaps confusion was the intent of the OC......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.