Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Req: Navient - Student Loan contact

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Req: Navient - Student Loan contact

Its been a while since, Ive popped in.  Trying to help my sister with her credit and I have a settlement pending with a collection agency for Navient but the concern is 1098 (c).  My sister is willing to settle a older prescribed debt to move on.  She originally raised issues of fraud and still contends that she never received the money.  We have a good settlement offer on the table so she can put this behind her and move on (fraud was possibly on my father's doing and he is passed away).  The issue is that collection agency automatically sends settled amount to Navient and they automatically generate report to IRS.  Since we are settling this without admission of liability but to merely avoid the cost of litigation, it is not truely a forgiveness of debt issues.

Anyone have a point of contact higher than their esculation teams that I can get someone to actually look at the issue and not rubber stamp it as no?  Secondary issue, which is a tax issue: if settlment says no admission of debt (with CA) and not forgiveness but Navient sends in report to IRS then which one would trump?

Thanks,

Enjoy your drapping Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.