cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for a Vacatur of Judgment mailed today! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request for a Vacatur of Judgment mailed today! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I have a paid civil judgement on my Experian and Equifax files from 2012.  I have been researching ways to get it off of credit report and have decided to mail a request to the Attorney's office that was listed on my court documents that was representing the Plantiff.  The judgment originated from an unpaid anesthesia bill from 2011 whereas I did not have the money to pay it at the time from my daughters surgery.  I'm really keeping my fingers crossed here that this was the right route to take in getting this removed from my credit files.  I need some prayers here!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Request for a Vacatur of Judgment mailed today! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Just an update! No reply has been received.  Im thinking it is a lost cause.

Message 2 of 6
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: Request for a Vacatur of Judgment mailed today! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I wouldnt call it a definate no!

Depending on your state it may be possible!

(I dont know all states, but I know in Oregon, its just stuck until its times over unless it said to remove once paid in the paperwork)

Theres no harm in sending a new letter out every few weeks Smiley Happy  You could get lucky!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never say never!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would be searching state law to see if you can file the motion to vacate on grounds its been paid yourself, this can be done in multiple states.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is always the first thing I do.  If someone has a problem, anything to do with the law, I start looking into everything I read on it.  There always seems to be a crack somewhere. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.