cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to delete comment caused a 14pt decrease!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request to delete comment caused a 14pt decrease!!!!!

Please help me understand this.  I recently joined scorewatch last week and my Equifax score was 688.  Well today I received a notification that it decreased to 674!!!!!  Why?  It showed why account my have affected the score.  It just happened to be a closed auto loan that I recently contacted Equifax on.  I called their Executive consumer Dept and left a message to please remove the comment "consumer disputes this account".  Because I am no longer disputing it.  Well when Scorewatch shows this item, it still says I am disputing.  Someone please help me understand this???  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Request to delete comment caused a 14pt decrease!!!!!

Okay, so I just noticed that the comment "consumer disputes account" has been deleted.  I wanted it removed before applying for a mortgage.  It now reads "closed or paid account/zero balance Auto loan.  Why would this decrease my score?  And will it go back to the 688.  Or should I call back and ask them to remove the description completely?  I didn't ask to place anything there.  Help?

Message 2 of 4
esme
Regular Contributor

Mortgage lenders commonly require that their applicants make sure that none of the tradelines are reporting a dispute. This is because most scoring models do not factor in certain information on those tradelines being disputed (i.e. late payments). This causes an artificial inflation of credit scores which is why mortgage lenders don't want to see any accounts in dispute. They want to see what the scores are based on all the information being reported. I hope that helps.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That explains it, thank you so much!Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.