Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to remove Credit Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Request to remove Credit Inquiry

Inquiries are tough to get removed. It would depend on who made the inquiry and why.

Message 11 of 18
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Any ideal on capital one let me know!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

im running from 15 to 8 on my report...keep tryin and dont dispute with CRA they aint gonna do nothing for it......they only check their online system and going to come back as verify...sent a letter to your original creditor ....i got mine remove that way

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 18
karnitia
Valued Member

Can u pm what you said in your messages to the OC? Thanks a lot!

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: TU 618 EQ 584 EX 588
Goal Score: 700

Message 14 of 18
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Could you please PM me too?  I would like to get some inquiries removed.

Starting Score:

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@algorithmslave wrote:

@kimmiller112,

Is this counting as one for all inquiries within a certain time automatic? Or does the mortgage broker or car lot have to report it that way? 

When car shopping or mortgage shopping, there can be several inquiries in a short period of time.  I purchased a new car in May and my application was submitted to 5 different companies all on the same day.  If I apply for a credit card right now and get denied because of number of inquiries, I have a very good chance at recon because I can explain that the five inquiries that happened on xxx day were from when I purchased my car.  The credit card company will count it as one inquiry.  

Message 16 of 18
algorithmslave
New Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I got the same message from Equifax regarding a capital 1 inquiry.  It was not supposed to be on my credit at least I thought, because i filled out for one of those prequal applications.  Well, I called capital 1 and they were really awkward about it so I just hung up the phone.  I must have had an account when I was like 18 or something which was 20 years ago because they were asking "Are you calling about your old account'?  I didnt want to deal with it.  I dont even remember having an account.  Weird!

Yes.....the slaves of these criminal banks (customer service agents) love to "inform" peeps that the credit inquiry is ONLY a few points. Well, if it truly is a few points, than whats the issue with releasing these points back? I clearly shopped around for ONE LOAN in regards to a vehicle purchase well within 30 days. 

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Message 17 of 18
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I have letters into Capital 1.  Somehow their prequal app dinged my credit, and I asked them to remove them due to me not authorizing them.

Starting Score:

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.