Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested early deletion - opposite happened and need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requested early deletion - opposite happened and need advice

Verizon Wireless

I have read so many stories here of folks getting "good will" early deletions and such so I just well, went full stupid.  My VW account hits 7 years 2/2016 and I logged on to Equifax to dispute (two days ago) and in the body of text asked for early deletion.  Today I just got an update that my EQ went from 647 to 690 because "one of your accounts information has been updated".  It shows the zero balance but noted consumer disputes, re-investigation.

I got greedy and stupid.  So, that out of the way, what can I do to correct this ASAP?  I mean, I could just sit idle until 2/2016 now but that scares me because if one of my creditors does the random FR SP, then what?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requested early deletion - opposite happened and need advice

For early exclusion I've heard that it's better to call. And EQ usually won't do an EE more than one month early
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For early exclusion I've heard that it's better to call. And EQ usually won't do an EE more than one month early

FML< I am so damn stupid for waking up this sleeping dog.

Just got off the phone with a EQ CSR.  He informed me that the 7 years would be based on "last activity", which means I am now looking at 3/2017.  This really does not make sense at all because the "last activity" I can think of is 10/2014 which is when I PIF.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be Date of First Delinquency not last activity. They could be the same though depending on the situation. Unfortunately you can only see this with a hard copy of the reports, not with a monitoring service. If you haven't gotten your free ones this then you might want to get them. Or you can pay to get new ones (or one if you only want EQ).
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

He informed you incorrectly. It's based on date of first delinquicy. If you were to make like a partial payment on it, that would rest the statute of limitations. But nothing changes the age off date. That's always based on Dofd.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It should be Date of First Delinquency not last activity. They could be the same though depending on the situation. Unfortunately you can only see this with a hard copy of the reports, not with a monitoring service. If you haven't gotten your free ones this then you might want to get them. Or you can pay to get new ones (or one if you only want EQ).

Weird.  According to EQ it says first deliquency was 3/2010.  The catch on that is I have been the carrier I switched to longer than that.  It says date opened is 2/2009, oh well. 

This was so stupid of me.  If I had left this alone my EQ would be where it was yesterday and none of this would matter.  Weird thing is TU treated it as 2/2019 and dropped it this week for me.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Verizon Wireless

I have read so many stories here of folks getting "good will" early deletions and such so I just well, went full stupid.  My VW account hits 7 years 2/2016 and I logged on to Equifax to dispute (two days ago) and in the body of text asked for early deletion.  Today I just got an update that my EQ went from 647 to 690 because "one of your accounts information has been updated".  It shows the zero balance but noted consumer disputes, re-investigation.

I got greedy and stupid.  So, that out of the way, what can I do to correct this ASAP?  I mean, I could just sit idle until 2/2016 now but that scares me because if one of my creditors does the random FR SP, then what?

Don't panic. I did the same thing a few months ago and was worried when I saw that a dispute was opened. It took EQ about a week before they got back to me with the approval of the EE. Give it a few more days and see what happens. It is better to call but I had a C/O come off about 3 months early by doing what you did. Be patient and everything should be fine.

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If I understnad your post correctluy, you filed a "dispute" that resulted in the addition of a pending dispute comment to your report.

While a dispute is pending, certain OC account information is temporarily not included in your FICO scoring.

It will return ot normal once the "dispute" is concluded.

You should not, regardless of some suggestions, even by CR reps, request early exclusion via a dispute, as there is no inaccuracy in reporting upon which to base a disute.

You appear to have only created a temp blip that will go away once the pending dispute flag is removed.

Wherher or not the early exclusion occurs is a separate matter.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figured I would bump this for the education of others.  As someone else stated, they did "resolve" this, updated, and I got all my points back I lost initially.  Consider this a lesson learned and I was greedy.

Obviously nothing was removed (and for correct reasons).  Lesson learned.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Verizon Wireless

Same damn thing happend to me asking them for early exclusion, they disputed it when I told them not to and it updated a charged off Auto lease to "pays as agreed" and now stuck with it for a full 10 years.. I fought over the phone with one supervisor after another and got nowhere! I disputed and it went back to charge off, disputed it again and it went back to pays as agreed. Complete idiots!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.