Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested removal of late notice-Equifax

tag
maxq
Regular Contributor

Requested removal of late notice-Equifax

Hey guys I am wondering what to expect from my status update from Equifax today, this is what I got:

We have reasearched the credit account XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The results are: This account has been updated. The prior paying history on this account has been updated. Historical account information was deleted from this account. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: the CC company is listed here

What I was attempting to do was dispute a 30day late notice to have it removed. I probably shouldn't have bothered because it was from 2011 but it was bothering me. This was part of some crazy stuff involving an ex wife.

So not sure if they are going to remove it or not based on what they show. I'm thinking they will because they stated historical account information was deleted from this account. Is that what you guys would conclude?

Also if it is removed are those normally done on the next reporting cycle or is that immediate?

Sorry for such a lame question but the batch of removals I had previously done I cannot find the results from. But the end result was those were removed.

Thx

Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
maxq
Regular Contributor

Re: Requested removal of late notice-Equifax

I just realized I posted in credit card forum, if a mod can move this over to rebuilding, sorry...

Goal of 825+ Gardening since 05/05/2017
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Requested removal of late notice-Equifax

If deletion of the account history is what EQ says happened its immediate. If you are dealing with the OC directly it could be quick or at the next scheduled update.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.