Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Opinions

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Requesting Opinions

I would use the so-called debt snowball approach recommened by Dave Ramsey and Debt Managment companies where you p minimum payments on all cards except the one with the lowest balance and on that one pay as much as you can until it is PIF.  Then I would attack the next one and so on.  It really works.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting Opinions

@marty56 wrote:

I would use the so-called debt snowball approach recommened by Dave Ramsey and Debt Managment companies where you p minimum payments on all cards except the one with the lowest balance and on that one pay as much as you can until it is PIF.  Then I would attack the next one and so on.  It really works.

+1000% to what Marty said.... if you can control the spending so you don't end up back where you started without a big check forom work to pay it off.   I was where you are awhile ago, and why I'm rebuilding now after avoiding credit for 10 yrs.   You need saving so you don't fall into chaos.   But getting things paid off and reducing the debt as fast as you can after an emergency fund is done, you should be golden

Everyone here has a lot of helpful advice and I as well as others look forward to hearing of your great successes.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.