Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!! *UPDATE*

tag
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!!

With TU you don't call, you submit them as a dispute online. I know it sounds like the wrong thing, but it's the way to get EE handled painlessly.

There should be an option for reason for dispute "too old to be on file." Choose that one. If for some reason it's not an option, choose "not responsible" and then write "please remove this as its too old to report" in the comments section. If you do it this way, they will be removed within hours. If you call, it can be a long frustrating process.

Enjoy the huge TU boost!

Message 11 of 36
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Well I called and didn't beat around the bush... I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor from the get go and it worked.

Supervisor comes on and asks why I asked for him... LOL

I requested EE and after about 5-10 mins of chat he told me he can remove the dozen IIB accounts... but his system would not let him remove the Chapter 13 public record??

He said he's mailing me an updated report that I should have in 5-7 days.

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

With TU you don't call, you submit them as a dispute online. I know it sounds like the wrong thing, but it's the way to get EE handled painlessly.

There should be an option for reason for dispute "too old to be on file." Choose that one. If for some reason it's not an option, choose "not responsible" and then write "please remove this as its too old to report" in the comments section. If you do it this way, they will be removed within hours. If you call, it can be a long frustrating process.

Enjoy the huge TU boost!

Yeah I'm familiar with the TU dispute process... will try that.

As said he says he deleted the dozen IIB accounts but the Ch 13 remains...  *sigh*

Seems strange... but I can always call back once I verify the accounts (which should give me a boost regardless) are gone.

Will try the online dispute with the PR if indeed that's all that remains.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 12 of 36
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Nice, good luck with the last part. And yeah, TU is annoying to call, and there's no need. I had 7 things removed within an hour via the online dispute process. EQ and EX on the other hand..

Message 13 of 36
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Well... I requested a SP CLI from a lender that gives a TU FICO...  What can I say... I wanted to see if indeed he did remove the IIB accounts.

701.jpg

661 to 701 with the IIB accounts removed...  looks like the PR is still there.

My UTI is in the 30% range so my score isn't as high as I'd like but it's a step in the right direction for sure.  Now to see about getting the PR removed.

NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!! *UPDATE*

Isn't nice to see 700's? Congrats on the removals! It's definitely a step in the right direction!
Message 15 of 36
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Isn't nice to see 700's? Congrats on the removals! It's definitely a step in the right direction!

Yeah... it's pretty sweet.

I predicted 750 when everything fell off and I still might be right... if I can get 49 points for the PR removal... LOL

Once EQ and EX are done I'll really be sitting pretty...  3 clean reports with a nice long streak of gardening... the end of the month makes 6 months with no apps.

Message 16 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I want to remind everyone that even though TU calls their EE removal process a "dispute" we cannot advocate that anyone dispute a TL that is still within CRTP on myFico. With that having been said grats TRC on getting the IIBs taken care of. Call back in a week and try again on the BK.

Message 17 of 36
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah... it's pretty sweet.

I predicted 750 when everything fell off and I still might be right... if I can get 49 points for the PR removal... LOL

Once EQ and EX are done I'll really be sitting pretty...  3 clean reports with a nice long streak of gardening... the end of the month makes 6 months with no apps.

Oh yeah, I def think you'll get there. I've read the BK drop off causes a huge bump, particularly if it's your last baddie.

FWIW, I was able to get some things removed from EX today at exactly the 3 month mark. So they seem to be good at 3 months. EQ not so much.

Message 18 of 36
savingmoney87
Regular Contributor

I called the same number today as well. 

Experience:

Immediately ask to be transferred to their special handing department in the USA.

1. First rep told me that accounts cannot be deleted if they aren't in the same year as the approaching deadline. She said call back in January. I said, Ok, Thank you. Hung up and called again. 

2. Second rep, was very helpful explaining the entire process to me. "Requested that the creditors remove the IIB due to their approaching deadline." 

How he explained it: 

* We request the creditors to remove the items due to the reaching the removal deadline. They usually come back either proceeding to delete the account or sometimes they may even come back with a different removal date that's a bit earlier. 

I asked in your experience are they usually removed. He said, I can't guarantee that but it's widely varies by the lender. Most lenders usually proceed but some are insistant it stay on until the date. 

3. I asked can the Chapter 13 be removed early since their is no creditor. He said, it's usually policy for a discharged Chapter 13 to be removed 6 years, 11 months but sometimes but we can certainly try. 

I guess now I'll sit and wait to see if the others are deleted or removed. 

UPDATE: Since your report was updated so quickly, I decided to pull my report and see if it updated! Everything was removed including the Chapter 13: Final Score with TU 649 to 753! TRC_WA we are almost there! Can't wait until Jan to see if we have some luck with EQ & EX! 

]
Message 19 of 36
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats savinmoney and you to will be there soon TRC, I have a long way to go....but I take good notes from the you all. Smiley Wink

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.