Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting credit reports by mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting credit reports by mail

Just sealed the envelope -- I've requested my paper credit reports by mail.

Does anyone know about how long it will take before I receive them?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Requesting credit reports by mail

Not exactly sure? Have you tried annualcreditreport.com it’s also free and you can download them(pdf) and then print them out later. You get them RIGHT ON THE SPOT, So to speak.

That’s GREAT!! You’ve taken the BEST first step.👍

Once you do that and you have any questions for us(?) be sure and give some details of the account(s) you’re unsure of and we’ll do our very best to help you along the way!!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They'll start showing up in 1-2 weeks. I'd suggest that you keep every copy of every report you get. It can be helpful to pull them out later to double check things. 

Message 3 of 14
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

I’m curious, why are you requesting them by mail? You can obtain free CR’s annually through the annual website, or if you’ve had an adverse action such as denied credit you can get a free report. Also Experian shows you your whole credit report when you go to do a dispute as does Transunion it’s literally to the second. Just curious why you’d go through the mail when you could have them in a matter of minutes.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because someone told me what you see on the paper reports is not what you see on the electronic version obtained online. I want to see everything. Every time an account (in collections) has changed hands, dates, DOFD, date it's due to fall off, etc. Does electronic show that these days? My info is a bit old (I was told this a few years ago now).

Also, Experian won't give me my report online.

Message 5 of 14
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

The changes made on those Vantage Score sites aren’t going to give you certain information, if that’s what you are referring to? If you mean, annualcreditreport.com? What you see is what is printed out, which will be your entire credit history from EACH CRA. That will contain everything you need to know about each account whether the information on each account notated is accurate or inaccurate.

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 14
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

The info in the online reports is as detailed and comprehensive as any report you would receive in the mail if it is from the actual CRA.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood -- but any idea why Experian won't give me a report online?

Message 8 of 14
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Have you had credit established in the past 6 months?

>

I❤️NY
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Have you had credit established in the past 6 months?

114 months currently.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.