Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting early deletions from CRAs?

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Requesting early deletions from CRAs?

Has anybody been able to contact the CRAs and ask for an early deletion say if the negative tradeline is set to fall off in the very near future?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

Re: Requesting early deletions from CRAs?

I will PM you some phone #s to call

Message 2 of 20
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

Please pm me the numbers too! Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 20
nikkiheaven
Contributor

Please PM me also.  I have a judgement thats set to fall off in January.  It would be great if I could get excluded now.

Message 4 of 20
Ambular1304
Contributor

I personally got somewhere with TU online. I checked the box stating this debt was not valid and added in the comments section that this debt is too old please delete and it was gone within a week....YMMV

Message 5 of 20
Blessed221
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the information....Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with experian for a collection that falls off in two month and they said they can't do anything about it . It's a hit and miss thing .
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried and was successful in having early deletions done. The so-called proper term to use was "early exclusion", but I was also told by the CRA rep that it would be considered to be a dispute stating that the "debt was too old and should be removed". She asked if that's what I wanted to do, in which I replied yes. She then gave me the typical "30 day dispute investigation" message. I checked my report a couple of hours later and that account was gone, had been removed just that quick. Refugee47, maybe you could try again to get a different representative who will help you. Sometimes it helps to just speak with someone different person.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried with TU online. I had 2 COs due to fall off 3/15 (unpaid) opened a dispute online asking for a early exclusion. Came back a couple days later and both were removed!! I havent tried with EQ or EXP but I did write them a letter last week asking them to take the same accounts off early. If i dont hear from them then I will try calling both or trying the same online as I did with TU. I also asked TU today if another small collection set to fall off 5/15 could be removed early. Its a small unpaid medical bill for my daughter that my ex-husband is suppose to take care of per pur divorce papers and I wrote that to TU and just asked if they could do a early exclusion. Fingers crossed they remove (or exclude) that one as well!!
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also read some people also has success with a early exclusion with Experian online. I havent tried any CRA but TU but some people have said they opened a dispute with EXP online asking for a early exclusion and it worked. TU is known to delete about 6 months early, EXP was 3 months and EQ was a hit or miss (they are reported to be the hardest)

If my letters do work (there wasnt much info on writing letters when I looked) I will let everyone know. Fingers crossed!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.