Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resending PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resending PFD letter

So a few months back I sent a PFD to a CA and although they did respond and agree, it took some time and I unfortunately no longer had the funds at that time. I'm looking to try again and don't know if I should just resend the original letter I sent or if I should modify it to explain that they had previously agreed to the settlement and I was wanting to take them up on the offer now. Also, when I sent the original I specifically stated for them not to discuss the deal with a third-party including the original creditor (an apartment complex) but in the letter they sent they said they'd remove the trade lines with the "client's approval" (and to be honest I don't even know that the original management company still exists). How should I re-word that part or explicitly state that I'l pay without involvement of the OC?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bakermommy
Established Member

Re: Resending PFD letter

I don't have an answer for you, but would you mind sharing the letter that you sent? You could e-mail me if you don't mind. I would really appreciate it. 

I would at least try. The worst they could say is, no. 

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would first try to get this settled by phone, explanation of why you didnt follow thru is sometimes acceptable to them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that too because it would be a lot easier especially since I have the original acceptance letter they sent with the reps name and stuff. But what about the "client approval" part? The complex it's from has switched management companies a few times in the years since and I'm not too sure if they still exist or if they were bought out but I'd rather not take the chance they they exist in some fashion and if the CA contacts them they won't agree to a removal.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The bit about not discussing with any other party is sometimes included in PFD offers, but is a condition for which I see very little need.

There can be legal situations, such as their accounting of assets with IRS or other agencies, where they must provide info on accounts.

I would omit that condition.

I would include a copy of their prior acceptance correspondence.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.