Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residentcheck.com inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Residentcheck.com inquiry?

Is anyone familer with the above title? I got an alert for new inquiry and it shows from Residentcheck.com. Their website appears to be residential in nature. I did move apartment units, but was not needing to fill out a new application because it was in the same complex. I have been there for years and paid on time without fail so I doubt they would waist the money to pull a check on me just for moving units. Further more, when I go into myFico, it says under the Residentcheck.com inquiry that it was Auto Lease Inquiry? I have not been car shopping at all since I have been gardening a bit with my secured CC. The really confusing part to me is I thought inquiry's result in a reduce to your score. However, myFico is saying this is +12 points on my Experian. So, I am not sure if I should even worry about it. LOL But I am wondering what it is.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Residentcheck.com inquiry?

I move a lot for work (like, eight times in the past two years) so these guys are pretty much always on my report lol

They are screeners for apartments, like you said, and they also do criminal background/pre-employment screening.  I'd guess that in your case, your apartment complex initiated the pull.  It might be as simple as someone new/not completely adept in the office didn't realize your move probably didn't require a new check and did one as part of some routine for processing moveins.  It may also be that your complex has a policy of re-checking people from time to time, and when they pulled your file to update your paperwork on your new unit they realized they hadn't checked on you in a while.  Most states' standard leases have a clause in there to the effect of they have the right to run your background/renter's credit anytime.  Ostensibly they want to be sure you haven't been recently sued by an old landlord or lost your job or something that you didn't tell them, which might impact your ability to fulfill your lease terms.

It is scored like a soft pull, that is no impact, at least it has been for me in the past.  They're just looking into your history, they aren't really offering you a line of credit.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That may very well be. Just weird how it went up in points over it and its listed as Auto Leaseing. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never really thought about it, but maybe the reporting agency coded it as "auto lending" to indicate "here's a hard pull (deeper info than a soft pull) but we aren't going to count it against you," like they do when you are actually car shopping and have several (in my recent case, two dozen) inquiries all labeled as "auto lending" - and no impact whatsoever on the score.  Maybe your boost is from something else like hitting a new milestone on payment history or paying down some stuff or having something fall off, or ...?   Who knows.  In the end, FICO scoring is unpredictable and bizarre sometimes.  But hey, points are points!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That may very well be. Just weird how it went up in points over it and its listed as Auto Leaseing. 

The inquiry just triggered a recalculation of your score, but some other, less obvious change (likely an age milestone) is whats responsible for the increase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.