Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responding to a Summons for a Repo

tag
Fleurdelis28
New Contributor

Responding to a Summons for a Repo

I am preparing my response to a summons I received regarding a suit filed. According to the summons, I have 15 days to answer. I spoke to the court and was instructed on what I needed to do in order to respond. I am preparing my response but wondering if I should mention in the response that I never received the particulars about the vehicle auction and my balance thereafter (which I did not). I also checked the Recorder of Mortgages to see if anything had been filed and they did not find anything. I did some research and according to Lousiana Statue, the creditor is required to file a Notice of Repossession within 3 days of taking possession of the vehicle in the county in which the vehicle was located. I checked the courthouse in the county in which the vehicle was located and they found nothing. I checked the county that I used to live in at the time of purchase, they too found nothing. I also checked the county in which the law suit was filed, and still no notice of repossession. Anyway, I said all of this to say, should I mention this in my response to summons or should I wait until the judge sets a court date?

Starting Score: 538
Current Score: 555
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Responding to a Summons for a Repo

In my opinion, that's an issue of defense strategy.  How much do you want to disclose about your defense prior to trial?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.