Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from CRA after investigation?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

Response from CRA after investigation?

Hi fellow members, i just got a response from EQ after several disputes,it reads like this: "The Results Of Our Investigation"  >>>We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusion are: " The disputed Evil JDB account 1234 is currently not reporting on the Equifax credit file" 

What is that suppose to mean? Did i win?? Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Response from CRA after investigation?

It sounds like they deleted it.  Just out of curiosity, who was the JDB and what were your "issues"?

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

To me, it would mean that in conducting their reinvestigation, they did not see the account in your credit file.

It does not say that they have made any specific finding regarding the accuracy or lack of verfiability of the dispted information.

It's more than semantics.  The relevance would be if the information is later reported.  If informattion was deleted as a result of a specific finding in a dispute that it was inaccurate or not verified, the party requesting "reinsertion" must follow the procedures set forth in section 611(a)(5)(B) before it can be reinserted by the CRA.

I dont see their statement as being such a finding, so the issue is whether any later reporting by anyone of the "deleted" information must follow those provisions.

Not having found the information would mean to me that a later reporting of it would not be a "reinsertion."

Message 3 of 6
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the responses.I would prefer no to mention the name of the JBD as I don't want to alert that I'm luring them.Anyhow,as to he issues I was having with them is that they are reporting as a factoring company,and I have asked for validation twice with no response from them.

I am sorry Robert,but what I'm understanding is that from your input is that they might not deleted it anything as there were nothing being report it.At one point it was,that's why I disputed it,cause this JDB popped out of nowhere and after I asked for validation and filed a complaint with the BBB,it seems to me that they can't validate this alleged debt and therefore are not reporting,resulting in the response from EQ.Do I make sense?
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Maybe the furnisher deleted before the CRA completed its reinvestigation, perhaps after being requested by the CRA to verify its accuracy.

If so, then if it is ever reinserted, it must comply with the requirements of section 611(a)(5)(B).

The problem I have with the CRA response is that it does not comply with the Notice of Results requirement of section 611(a)(6), in that it does not provide a statement as to the information itself.  In initiating their reinvestigation, they were required to have sent the dispute to the furnisher within 5 days for their verification.

So, at the time, it would have to have been in your credit file.  I have no idea of whether they even initiated a reinvestigation when received, and it was later deleted, or whether a reinvestigation was never intitiated.  It tells me nothing.

I would contact the CRA, using a method of verification of your dispute request under section 611(a)(6)(B), and ask them specifically what they did or did not do in handling the dispute.  Is it a concluded dispute, or a dismissed dispute?

Message 5 of 6
golo
Frequent Contributor

I called EQ,and was told that it's been removed.Well,needless to say I'm happy about it,but the fight it's not over as I'm trying to tackle them on TU.I hope I see an increase on EQ,no alerts on scorewatch yet.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.