Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from University of Phoenix Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response from University of Phoenix Dispute

Hello All,
I just received this response from UOP but what does it mean. Are they going to remove the item from my reports or what? See below their response.

As we have validated the balance due on your account in the amount of $1200 your account will remain subject to collection activity through a designated third party collection agency until the balance is rectified in full. If you would like to remit payment now, please contact a collections representative at Optio Solutions/Qualia Collections: 1-800-433-****.

The tradeline associated with your valid balance due to the University has been removed. Please allow up to 45 days for the change to reflect on your consumer credit report. The removal of your tradeline does not negate the balance due.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Response from University of Phoenix Dispute

Yeah, for some reason they said they validated your debt of $1200,and then submitted the removal of the tradeline to atleast one CRA, and it may take up to 45 days for the changes to reflect on your credit report.

If I were you, id pay that 1200 asap before the collection agency it is with now, or one who receives your debt file in the future, reports it again to the CRA's. Just because you got a miracle here (ive never heard of, let alone seen, a validate for deletion request) doesnt mean it can never creep back in your reports again while the debt is left unpaid
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bubba12885. Those were my thoughts exactly. Because it sounds like UOP is going to delete but still forward my debt to another agency who will then possibly re-report it.
Message 3 of 4
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Agreed! UofP can remove, only to have a CA resubmit! 

Pay it off asap. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.