Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from a GW letter send to creditor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response from a GW letter send to creditor

My lovely response from a GW letter send to my student loan provider. A few lates 6 years ago.

What gives? Are they correct ?

Dear ####

Thank you for your inquiry and for your business with Navient.

Navient does not remove information that was accurately reported. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), a furnisher of information is obligated to accurately report the information it furnishes to the consumer reporting agencies.

If we may be of further assistance, please visit our website at Navient.com. Or, you're welcome to call us toll free at 888-272-5543. We're here to help you Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., ET.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth, Your Navient Email Representative

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Response from a GW letter send to creditor

Pffft I get that too on my Auto Loan lates.  I laugh. Then I send another round of snail mail, email and fax.

YMMV

Message 2 of 6
growing123
Regular Contributor

Yes, they are obligated to report accurately, but that is only IF they CHOOSE to report.  There's no law making them report, but should they decide to, then it must be reported accurately.  I usually follow up with another letter stating that you understand they must report accurately, but they also have the option to not report at all.

It's a little tricky, you don't want to argue the point when asking for goodwill, so maybe just keep sending the GW as-is.  Good luck!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 3 of 6
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

They are correct that any information furnished by them must be accurate.  However, nothing in any of the laws prevent them from removing and not reporting information.  Just be persistent.  I would send a goodwill letter by certified mail every month or so and continue until they hopefully remove the data.  I believe Navient is one of the harder ones to deal with.  Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

They are correct that any information furnished by them must be accurate.  However, nothing in any of the laws prevent them from removing and not reporting information.  Just be persistent.  I would send a goodwill letter by certified mail every month or so and continue until they hopefully remove the data.  I believe Navient is one of the harder ones to deal with.  Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes certified mail its next. Maybe its just that specific representative and i might get someone else next time Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move up higher in the food chain.  EO.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.