Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from settlement/delete for payment letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response from settlement/delete for payment letter

So I offered to pay 200 dollars on a 242 dollar bill which was listed on my credit report. I got the reponse today that reads This is the last time we will request payment on your seriously delinquent account without a positive reponse from you. Payment in full is due in your office within seven days or we must make the proper recommendations to our client. Why not pay your bill now. Get peace of mind and protect your reputation with your creditor. We accept checks, money orders, master card/visa or cash in our office. <--- this was all in caps :/ so for one i find this letter h ighly rude. two they raised this bill 50 dollars to 296.25 from 248 dollars. So I know they're not going to do anything :/ i mean it's been 3 years and they haven't done anything yet, and I doubt they're going to sue over 300 dollars. Anyway, does anyone have any advice on how to procede? I want this stuff off lol.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Response from settlement/delete for payment letter

Mail a PFD for the $296. If you feel the $296 could be wrong, then call them and ask for the last couple of statements and have them demonstrate how they got the balance to increase.

Message 2 of 6
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Yeah, i'd just PIF PFD them.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have one more question, would it be better for me to pay the OC rather than the CA if it's a medical bill?

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Always mail the PFD to whomever is reporting. Paying the medical will result in the CA reporting $0, and you wouldn't want that.

Message 5 of 6
sharpie
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

:/ i mean it's been 3 years and they haven't done anything yet, and I doubt they're going to sue over 300 dollars.

i don't have any suggestion on how to proceed, but i have been sued for under $300.00 that was 6 years old, so don't be so sure on that one.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.