Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Response to PFD letter

Greetings everyone,

I recently received a response to my PFD letter from the debt collecter. The response read as follows:
"This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the accont listed above from your credit report"

What is the next step? Am I supposed to pay the CA? or they found out from the OC that the account is paid off?

Best regards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Response to PFD letter

What did the rest of the letter state? If you haven't paid it off, if may be that they're deleting it because they sold the account to another agency.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Greetings everyone,

I recently received a response to my PFD letter from the debt collecter. The response read as follows:
"This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the accont listed above from your credit report"

What is the next step? Am I supposed to pay the CA? or they found out from the OC that the account is paid off?

Best regards

This letter is your proof that they agreed to your request - of course if you don't follow through and pay it, you can expect it to reappear

Message 3 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The last sentence is a bit confusing. Did you pay the OC?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After the payment was reported on my credit score, I paid the OC the full amount, and submitted a PFD to the CA. Note, the rest of the letter was only their contact inforamtion. Am I supposed to pay the CA, if that was stated on my letter to them?
Message 5 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

There's nothing to pay if you paid the OC in full.after it was paid, it should have been a GW letter, not a PFD. It seems like it might have worked out for you, but if the CA had collection authority when you paid it the account could reappear.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is there anything I am supposed to do right now?
Message 7 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

No. Just cross your fingers that it doesn't reappear.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.