Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responses to GW letters - - so frustrating

tag
kbella
New Contributor

Responses to GW letters - - so frustrating

So far responses have been rather discouraging.  2 were sent to Citi (no response), 2 to Discover (denied), 1 to Chase (denied) and 1 to Capital One (no response).  Chase Auto removed one 30 day late out of 3 so I guess that's better than nothing.  Still, soo discouraging.  I just get the standard response that they are correctly reporting to the collection agency, etc.  We tried calling Chase but the CSR said "what is a goodwill adjustment" and 'submitted paperwork on it' - came back "we are correctly reporting."

Is this typical?  I guess I just expect at lease one.  We had signed up with a DMP (so far we've paid off quite a bit of debt, but even though we had made monthly payments, the over-limit balance or extremely high balance due was counted against us and showed as late once we started and caught up with the DMP.)  I referenced that in my letter to no avail.

Just bummed.  Should I continue to send the GW's?  

TU-579 EX-551 EQ-562 as of 1/14/09 (ouch)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jcknight007
Valued Member

Re: Responses to GW letters - - so frustrating

I got the same thing from Chase. The big companies are less forgiving. (androids)
Message 2 of 11
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Keep trying.  Sometimes it takes several tries. How recent are the lates? I have found that your odds of success are higher if at least 12 months have elapsed and the accounts are still open.

What address did you use for Capital One Auto? I have a 30 day late that I can't seem to get them to remove (only derog in my files).

Message 3 of 11
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

@tiger67 wrote:

Keep trying.  Sometimes it takes several tries. How recent are the lates? I have found that your odds of success are higher if at least 12 months have elapsed and the accounts are still open.

What address did you use for Capital One Auto? I have a 30 day late that I can't seem to get them to remove (only derog in my files).

Like tiger67 stated, keep trying. I know how frustrating it can be for you, believe me! I received the usual,"...we must report correctly...(blah, blah, blah)"  Make your letter as personal as possible, that seemed to help for me. I viewed all the gw letters here and on other credit help sites then worded my own to fit my personal situation. After the first turn down, it got easier, then I received my first gw on the 6th letter. That gave me new breath, I knew it was possible to do exactly what other members were saying- get rid of late pays! It does work!

I would really concentrate on the account where you received gw for one late pay, have you received a letter from Chase telling you they were giving you gw on the late? Perhaps you will receive it in a few days if not already. Check to see if there is a contact person on the letter, that is the person I would re-word another gw letter to concerning the other two lates.    

Cap 1 is tough! You can search for gw Cap 1 on these forums and you will see they consistently ignore gw letters. I did receive a very nice "NO GW" letter from them after probably 12 letters sent to them. I followed up with another letter that same week explaining that they are not required to report anything to the CBR's. I keep hoping for success with them one day!Smiley Sad

Google each CCC and use different addresses to send gw letters. You will find lots of addresses also on the forums by just searching each CCC name.

New Contributor

The last late for all of them was 12/2007 (one may have a 1/2008).  Since then I've paid on time, never been late.  Paying more than the minimum too with our DMP.

Okay, I will keep trying, just have to not give up.  My hubby thinks I'm nuts with the FICO scores, etc.  Started sending the GWs in December, and we have to buy a car in a few months, and was hoping to get the baddies removed by then, but looks like that won't happen.  Should have done it long ago.  Sucks cuz we're really starting to make headway in regards to our debt.  We're on the 4 year plan, 3 left to go!

Thanks everyone.

Message 5 of 11
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

@tiger67 wrote:

Capital One Auto Finance
3901 DALLAS PKWY
PLANO, TX 75093

Cap 1 Auto has not been too receptive to gw letters either, but you may be one of the lucky ones!

Check your CBR and see if there are any other addresses for Cap 1 Auto, use any you can find.

Regular Contributor

@kbella wrote:

The last late for all of them was 12/2007 (one may have a 1/2008).  Since then I've paid on time, never been late.  Paying more than the minimum too with our DMP.

Okay, I will keep trying, just have to not give up.  My hubby thinks I'm nuts with the FICO scores, etc.  Started sending the GWs in December, and we have to buy a car in a few months, and was hoping to get the baddies removed by then, but looks like that won't happen.  Should have done it long ago.  Sucks cuz we're really starting to make headway in regards to our debt.  We're on the 4 year plan, 3 left to go!

Thanks everyone.

Here is an addie for Cap 1 CC:

PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City 84130-0281

Try gw letter to that address, it has worked for some members, it is worth another stamp!

MY DH thinks I am a fico obsessed lunatic. He knows me so well! Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

Thanks, will give it a shot, what have I got to lose. :-)

Through my experiences with all this and the DMP, I've learned what CC I ever plan on NOT doing business with again (Crap One and Citibank for sure - - pure evil).

Message 8 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Keep trying, don't give up. You might want to try a GW using planetfeedback. Google them!

Message 9 of 11
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

@kbella wrote:

Thanks, will give it a shot, what have I got to lose. :-)

Through my experiences with all this and the DMP, I've learned what CC I ever plan on NOT doing business with again (Crap One and Citibank for sure - - pure evil).

I feel the same about Cap 1. Google some of their reporting tactics especially where EQ is concerned. It is just ridiculous. I was told by a loan officer at my CU that they have more incorrect credit reports where Cap 1 is involved than any other CC. It is nearly impossible to get corrections handled, they will correct one thing, then misreport another area of the tl. They are killing my score right now, and I paid them in FULL!Smiley Surprised