Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Restrictive Endorsement laws for Texas? Anybody familiar?

I live in Texas and I'm finding it hard to research how restrictive endorsements laws apply. Anybody know and enlighten me?

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Restrictive Endorsement laws for Texas? Anybody familiar?

That is a very controversial area.  The Federal Reserve has even thrown in its opinion, which is basically that a check is a negotiable instrument with the right of deposit aside from conditions written on the check.  Legal research based on both statutory and case law precedent in your jurisdiction would be required.

Opinions based on such research are reserved for members of the bar.  I would not rely on opinions expressed in a public credit forum.

I would consult an atty if you are planning to make a conditional endorsement and attempt to enforce its provisions.

Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

Re: Restrictive Endorsement laws for Texas? Anybody familiar?

Robert,

Would you mind making sense of these two short articles? From what I can comprehend, restrictive endorsements can be used in Texas.

http://www.autosubrogation.com/articletexasaccord.pdf

http://accordandsatisfaction.uslegal.com/state-laws-on-accord-and-satisfaction/texas-accord-and-sati...

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}