Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from Lexington Law :)

tag
Isha82
Valued Member

Results from Lexington Law :)

So other than having some high credit card utilizations on my account I am pretty clean. No collections or public records, however I do have 3 charge offs from about 2-3 years ago when I lossed my wallet. The story behind that is I had misplaced my wallet and I had my 2 First Premier Bank credit cards and one Total Visa card in there at the time. By the time I had realized I misplaced my wallet (the next day) and I logged on to check my account there were already fraudlent charges on there (Ugh!). I proceeded to contact both agencies and have it dealt with. 

I went ahead and paid the balance (my portion not the fraudlent ones) and after speaking withthe companies assumed that everything was handled. Fast forward to 2017 when my car starts giving trouble in May and come to find out I have 3 charge offs on my credit report! Say what now???? I didn't get any collection letters, no correspondence saying that I still owe, yet you have me on charge offs? I always see Lexington Law mentioned on the net and decided to give them a try beginning the end of May/beginning of June. They challenged my charge offs and a few incorrect late payment student loans from back in 2008 since I was in deferral back then.

A week or two ago I realized that my credit reports have been updated to reflect that my student loans were not late but it seemed the First Premier and Mid Atlantic Bank and Trust (Total Visa) were not budging. Well I checked my e mail today to see Good News from Lexington, 1 removal detected. It seems they got Mid Atlantic Bank and Trust to remove the charge off from my credit report! All I have left is First Premier. They contacted me a few days ago to let me know that they received my challenge letter and they would need me to write or fax them in detail about the circumstances of my card being stolen/fraudlent charges etc. I feel like I am on my way to having this all handled thanks to Lexington. I seem to be having a positive experience with them even though I can't find all that much positive on them on these forums.

Anyone have any idea how long before I see an update on my credit score reflecting this removal? Should I expect a good boost? Currently my scores are at 609, 606, 590. I also had Target increase my credit line a few days ago when my statement cut so that should lower my utilization and raise my score a bit more as well. Yay! Anyone else have more positives with Lexington?

Lexington Law Firm, your trusted leader in credit report repair. Login to your account. 

Akeisha, 
Good news: you have positive updates on your credit reports.

REMOVAL DETECTED
No longer on your TRANSUNION credit report dated, 07/07/17
Type of NegativeDateAccountStatus
Charge OffAug 08MID AMERICA BANK & TRUST COMPANYREMOVED

CREDIT IMPACT
 Removing questionable items from your credit report is one of the most effective
methods of increasing a credit score. Your credit score is comprised solely from information found in your credit report, so any improvements to the report should be immediately reflected in your score. Since fewer negative listings correlate with higher scores, the removal of this item should be regarded as a positive development.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Results from Lexington Law :)

@Isha82 wrote:

So other than having some high credit card utilizations on my account I am pretty clean. No collections or public records, however I do have 3 charge offs from about 2-3 years ago when I lossed my wallet. The story behind that is I had misplaced my wallet and I had my 2 First Premier Bank credit cards and one Total Visa card in there at the time. By the time I had realized I misplaced my wallet (the next day) and I logged on to check my account there were already fraudlent charges on there (Ugh!). I proceeded to contact both agencies and have it dealt with. 

I went ahead and paid the balance (my portion not the fraudlent ones) and after speaking withthe companies assumed that everything was handled. Fast forward to 2017 when my car starts giving trouble in May and come to find out I have 3 charge offs on my credit report! Say what now???? I didn't get any collection letters, no correspondence saying that I still owe, yet you have me on charge offs? I always see Lexington Law mentioned on the net and decided to give them a try beginning the end of May/beginning of June. They challenged my charge offs and a few incorrect late payment student loans from back in 2008 since I was in deferral back then.

A week or two ago I realized that my credit reports have been updated to reflect that my student loans were not late but it seemed the First Premier and Mid Atlantic Bank and Trust (Total Visa) were not budging. Well I checked my e mail today to see Good News from Lexington, 1 removal detected. It seems they got Mid Atlantic Bank and Trust to remove the charge off from my credit report! All I have left is First Premier. They contacted me a few days ago to let me know that they received my challenge letter and they would need me to write or fax them in detail about the circumstances of my card being stolen/fraudlent charges etc. I feel like I am on my way to having this all handled thanks to Lexington. I seem to be having a positive experience with them even though I can't find all that much positive on them on these forums.

Anyone have any idea how long before I see an update on my credit score reflecting this removal? Should I expect a good boost? Currently my scores are at 609, 606, 590. I also had Target increase my credit line a few days ago when my statement cut so that should lower my utilization and raise my score a bit more as well. Yay! Anyone else have more positives with Lexington?

Lexington Law Firm, your trusted leader in credit report repair. Login to your account. 

Akeisha, 
Good news: you have positive updates on your credit reports.

REMOVAL DETECTED
No longer on your TRANSUNION credit report dated, 07/07/17
Type of NegativeDateAccountStatus
Charge OffAug 08MID AMERICA BANK & TRUST COMPANYREMOVED

CREDIT IMPACT
 Removing questionable items from your credit report is one of the most effective
methods of increasing a credit score. Your credit score is comprised solely from information found in your credit report, so any improvements to the report should be immediately reflected in your score. Since fewer negative listings correlate with higher scores, the removal of this item should be regarded as a positive development.

I am eager to know how this works out as well. I recently started using them after having no luck getting a few paid collections removed.  (there is a legitimate argument out there that we can do this ourselves, but it seems worth a try since I have had no luck on my own). I  received an encouraging alert  - just like yours - which stated the items were removed, but when I received an updated investigation report from TU, not only were the items still there, but they had a removal date of 7/2020.  I called TU directly, who confirmed that only 1 item was disputed and none were deleted.  I contacted LLF and asked them to explain the descrepancy. So far, unfortunately, I have been getting some conflicting information.  There are a few concerns I have;  1. the removal alerts that they show have no source attached. they appear to be manually inputed and LLF appears to not have documentation from the bureaus  - documentation from the bureau that they can share with us. (you have to call the bureau.  2. It appears that LLF - in my case - may have overlooked something, jumped the gun or simply falsified some information.  I am waiting for some additional research results from LLF and will update later.  I have a time frame set, to see how they do.  I think the experience will be different for everyone, but the "paralegals" appear unlearned and the information provided inconsitent and questionable for me - at this point.  Stay tuned. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you file a police report when wallet stolen?  Before keeping  Lexington Law you may want to read some posts here about credit repair.  They tend to dispute any and every thing and may get labeled as a chronic disputer hence no value in real disputes. 

Message 3 of 4
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Yeah everything Lexington Law can and will do for you, you can do on your own for free. I had that same charge off on my account and I disputed it through one of the FAKO sites and it was removed from all bureaus. 

I almost went the Lexington Law route, but changed my mind. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.