Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from charge off DV letter

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Results from charge off DV letter

@bman1029 wrote:

This was a template letter that I found on another site, prior to discovering MyFico.com

I have learned a lot more since becoming a member here.  Some things I have done wrong, but at least now I know.

Send Midland a DV - You are reporting this alleged debt.  Per FDCPA 809, please validate.  Include the name and address of the OC and an itemization of alleged debt.

Message 11 of 12
bman1029
Established Member

Re: Results from charge off DV letter

Hi Guiness,

I did DV Midland twice now and then also disputed with the CRA's- was operating under the misinformation that once Midland received my DV, they had 30 days to respond.  Have since come into the knowledge, that no, that is not the case.  They don't have a set timeframe in which to respond.  I sent copies of the return receipts and everything with my dispute Smiley Embarassed

The investiagation should be complete by the end of this month, but I dont expect anything from that.  Also, I filed complaints with FTC and BBB about Midland because the months that I sent disputes (Sept and Dec)- they updated the TL with 120 late- so I took that as them illegally trying to re-age it.

Now I'm concerned that on the off chance that the Midland CA accounts do get miraculously deleted, I won't have any way to show the orginal charge off as paid.

I set out on this journey to get things cleaned up so that the fiance and I can buy a house this coming June.  Her credit is great, just shy of 800's, but I make more money (30-40k per year more depending on how sales go).  So I had this goal to acheive a positive thing-and along the way, came to realize, I really needed to get this stuff cleaned up anyway- but I started out with other resources online that may have had me not approaching things in the appropriate fashion.  Real glad I found MyFico.com

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.