Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurgent/LVNV/Maryland

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Resurgent/LVNV/Maryland

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before - but is LVNV required to hold a separate license to collect from Resurgent?  I always thought that if Resurgent was licensed, then LVNV could collect under their license, since Resurgent is the parent company.

After reading about the case in Maryland where a judge suspended the license of BOTH LVNV and Resurgent, I'm unsure...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Resurgent/LVNV/Maryland

@AshCas wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before - but is LVNV required to hold a separate license to collect from Resurgent?  I always thought that if Resurgent was licensed, then LVNV could collect under their license, since Resurgent is the parent company.

After reading about the case in Maryland where a judge suspended the license of BOTH LVNV and Resurgent, I'm unsure...

Resurgent is not a parent company for LVNV.

Sherman Financial is the parent company for LVNV and Resurgent.

I don't know the anwser, but they are more like sister companies and not parent/child.

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Resurgent/LVNV/Maryland

Have you contacted your state licensing agency to determine if they are licensed/bonded in your jurisdiction, and whether licensing/bonding is required under your state debt collection code?

They would be the authoritative source for such information.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.