Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review my dispute letter?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Review my dispute letter?

Hi Folks,

Long story short, I've decided to write to EXP to dispute one of my accounts - GMAC. My position is that they're incorrectly reporting the DOFD, which is thus extending how long it's staying on my report. I was ok letting it go, until they randomly started updating all 3 bureaus last month - and did it again this month. After 4 years of silence they're now making it impossible to get approved for anything new, so I want this resolved. I'd love any advice or feedback anyone has on my letter below - thanks so much! (FYI, they are showing the DOFD as 5/2010)

Experian, Inc.

Attn: Dispute Department

P.O. Box 4500

Allen, TX 75013

RE: Account XXXXXXX (Creditor: GMAC)

To Whom it May Concern:

The purpose of this letter is to dispute the credit reporting by GMAC of my above-referenced account.

Specifically:

• The payment history is not accurate. No payment was made on this account after 01/2008. The Date of First Delinquency on this account should be no later than 02/2008.

Thank you in advance for a response within 30 days. If you verify the current reporting as accurate, please share specific details regarding the method of verification, including employee(s) contacted, documents furnished, and any other relevant information.

Respectfully,

NAME

ADDRESS

• Current address: XXX
  • Previous address: XXX
  • SSN: XXX-XX-XXX
  • DOB: XX/XX/XXXX
Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: Review my dispute letter?

Don't see anything wrong with the letter, but you can do the same thing online or with a quick phone call.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 3
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Review my dispute letter?

Thanks for the response. Just submitted the dispute online. I'll update once I get the results back.

I'm assuming that if it comes back validated with no changes, my next step is to dispute directly with GMAC?

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.