Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of my credit report post BK

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Review of my credit report post BK

I just filled BK in march and took a look at my credit report. I have a few accounts that say Bad debt/collection which I included in BK. Most of them say Included in Bankruptcy. Are the accounts that say Bad debt/collection hurting my score? Also I have one Collection for a returned check b ack in 2008 that I didn't know about and never included in BK. What should be done about that?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Review of my credit report post BK

Debt discharged under BK must be updated to report $0, but deletion of prior reporting of derogs is not required.

Message 2 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I think you can still include that collection in BK after it was discharged. Just talk to your lawyer.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 8
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

i would wait to discharge before worrying if all accounts list iib. once i was discharged Monday June 18th by Wednesday the 20th TU and EQ updated everything. by Friday that same week ex did also. the cpa's did this somehow ...i think Lexis nexis ...it wasn't the OC or CA cause it all happened one shot.
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 4 of 8
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

its already discharged. Discharged in march of this year

Message 5 of 8
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

oh cause your OP says you just field BK in March this year. OK so your discharged in March? when did you file?
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0

Message 6 of 8
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I filed in january and was discharged in march of this year.

Message 7 of 8
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

wow that's a really fast BK ...you can call the CA and tell them your dishcharged and give the case number. they might just code the account without even looking into seeing if they are on the schedule. or you can reopen the case to ad them.
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.