Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reviewing My Equifax Credit Report

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Reviewing My Equifax Credit Report

Recently I applied for a refi on my auto loan and was denied. I requested my credit report In hopes that something was wrong so I can have them reconsider. 

I filled BK7 in Jan of 12 and was discharged in Mar of 12. So 1 year post BK7

I have old credit accounts that say transferred or sold; Charged off account. Balances refelect $0 but they don't say inculded in bankruptcy which they were. Is this a problem? Should they have said included in bankruptcy?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reviewing My Equifax Credit Report

I'm am definitely NO PRO at this... and even less in BK's. But I think even if you filed a BK, wouldn't the collection still show on your report? If that's the case wouldn't it hurt your score anyways? Balance only helps for Util.

Chime in people with experience Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

By law, if they were included in your BK the CR must show they are and a 0 balance.  The TL will still come off at the normal time.

Message 3 of 5
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Should I dispute this with the equifax and once I have them say inlcuded in BK will it have any impact on my score?

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, there should be no difference in your score.  Having them show IIB leaves no discussion that no money is owed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.