cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving collection account for CENTERPOINT?

tag
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

Revolving collection account for CENTERPOINT?

Hello I am a newbie here. I have a question. What is a revolving/installment collection account? I have one on my credit report from Centerpoint energy. I am willing to do a PFD but I wanted to know what this is just in case they won't PFD. I wonder if paying it will help me dig out from the high 500-mid 600s. I WANT A HOUSE! Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: Revolving collection account for CENTERPOINT?

@Beasley12 wrote:
Hello I am a newbie here. I have a question. What is a revolving/installment collection account? I have one on my credit report from Centerpoint energy. I am willing to do a PFD but I wanted to know what this is just in case they won't PFD. I wonder if paying it will help me dig out from the high 500-mid 600s. I WANT A HOUSE! Smiley Happy

I had a collection from Centerpoint listed under that, although I don't know why it was there instead of under collections.  They were very easy to work with.  I called and asked if I PIF if they would delete.  They said they would, but I would have to call after I made the payment and ask for it to be deleted.  They even sent that to me in writing.  After I made the payment I called and they said they would notify the CRA's to delete.  They have all deleted except TU.  I was going to give it a little more time and then I guess I will contact them again to notify TU to delete.  I don't know why they haven't when the others have already.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 2 of 3
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Re: Revolving collection account for CENTERPOINT?

I also had an account on my report from CenterPoint. They will do a PFD. You can either call them and they will put you through to BillMatrix or you can go online and pay it there. Once you get it paid, simply call them back and let them know that it has been paid. They were super nice and even emailed me a copy of the deletion letter that they faxed to EQ, EX, and TU. EQ was the first to delete (3 days) and TU was the longest (within a week and a half) but they did all 3 delete. (For EQ to respond quicker, I disputed that account AFTER I paid in full and it was deleted in 3 days.) Not sure if that is the best course of action but that is what I did and it worked. In any case, CenterPoint will work with you to get it removed. Good luck!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.