Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolving or Installment ?

tag
KEESHAJA
Established Member

Revolving or Installment ?

Hello everyone! In 2010 I went to the University of Phoenix,Smiley Frustrated according to them I owe 3,243 and it reports as a revolving account. Would this be an error? I thought it would be consider as an installment loan.  I am trying to repair my credit and this is the last baddie and it doesn’t fall off until 2018. Please leave feedback.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Revolving or Installment ?

@KEESHAJA wrote:

Hello everyone! In 2010 I went to the University of Phoenix,Smiley Frustrated according to them I owe 3,243 and it reports as a revolving account. Would this be an error? I thought it would be consider as an installment loan.  I am trying to repair my credit and this is the last baddie and it doesn’t fall off until 2018. Please leave feedback.

Its just the way they are set up, I would offer them a PFD. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you agreed to a loan with set montly payments, it is an installment loan.

If you feel the type of credit is inaccurately reported, then file  dispute.

They must then either verify of corrrect.  It wont result in any requirment for deletion of the account or derogs reported thereunder.

It is always best to have accurate information in your file, but that item of information does not relate to the accuracy of their reporting of any other information, so wont result in any deletion of the pertinent issue of having a delinquent debt.

Message 3 of 5
KEESHAJA
Established Member

Thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 5
KEESHAJA
Established Member

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.