Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right/Wrong Address for GMAC?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Right/Wrong Address for GMAC?

Hey folks:

Last Tuesday I sent a 623 (OC direct dispute) letter to GMAC. The address listed for them on my latest CR is P.O. BOX 105677, Atlanta, GA 30348-5677.

I sent it Certified, and the tracking page is still saying "In-Transit." Says it got to the Atlanta post office on Friday, and has been "out for delivery" since then.

I know it won't show up as "Delivered" till someone signs for it, but I'm also assuming most businesses have someone whose job is to check the mail once a day, and I can't imagine it's been sitting in a mail carrier's truck for 5 possible delivery days and counting.

So, is there any chance that I somehow have the wrong address for GMAC? I know that they were bought out by Ally years ago, but they've also been recently updating this TL so there's clearly some operation still going on. If anyone has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Right/Wrong Address for GMAC?

If you sent it to a POB its waiting at the PO for someone to claim it and sign for it. it would not be on a truck for delivery. If this ends up coming back to you dont open it and let us know it has happened.

Message 2 of 7
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Got it, thanks gdale. Will do.

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 7
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick update. Another week has gone by, and the USPS tracking site says my letter is still "in-transit." I assume this means the certified mail slip is sitting in their PO box, going unclaimed.

Assuming it eventually gets returned to me, what should my next move be? Should I call one of the numbers I have for GMAC, or try writing to a senior executive at Ally (who bought out GMAC)? And do I definitely need to wait for it to be returned-to-sender, or can I just reach out to someone new now? My goal was to get this resolved by June, which is going to come up fast. That said I know sometimes patience is the biggest virtue with credit repair. Thanks as always for any thoughts.

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Jamex wrote:

Just a quick update. Another week has gone by, and the USPS tracking site says my letter is still "in-transit." I assume this means the certified mail slip is sitting in their PO box, going unclaimed.

Assuming it eventually gets returned to me, what should my next move be? Should I call one of the numbers I have for GMAC, or try writing to a senior executive at Ally (who bought out GMAC)? And do I definitely need to wait for it to be returned-to-sender, or can I just reach out to someone new now? My goal was to get this resolved by June, which is going to come up fast. That said I know sometimes patience is the biggest virtue with credit repair. Thanks as always for any thoughts.

You have a legal right to be able to contact the creditor, the info they report to the CRA has to be legitmate, if it comes back due to unknown delivery address or something like this then dont open it, copy front and back and send a letter (with the envelope copies) to the CRAs demanding the TL be removed since you are unable to contact the creditor. Once its gone thats the time to settle it with them before a CA gets involved or it gets sold off to a JDB.

Message 5 of 7
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

So I just checked the tracking number again, and it's getting sent back to me. Arrived at the USPS distribution center near me this morning, so I'm guessing I'll have it back by the weekend.

How do I handle this sort of dispute with the CRAs? Do I mail them in the scans of the front and back, as well as the part of my report that shows I used the address supplied by GMAC, and send that all to the regular dispute address? Or should I send it to their EO?

Also, is there any specific part of the FCRA I should be referencing when filing this sort of dispute?

Thanks, as always, for any help.

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Jamex wrote:

So I just checked the tracking number again, and it's getting sent back to me. Arrived at the USPS distribution center near me this morning, so I'm guessing I'll have it back by the weekend.

How do I handle this sort of dispute with the CRAs? Do I mail them in the scans of the front and back, as well as the part of my report that shows I used the address supplied by GMAC, and send that all to the regular dispute address? Or should I send it to their EO?

Also, is there any specific part of the FCRA I should be referencing when filing this sort of dispute?

Thanks, as always, for any help.

Without opening the returned letter you photo copy both sides, you also photo copy their address reporting on your CR, you send the CRA a letter demanding immediate removal of the TL with the reason as being unable to contact. This is typically used on CAs but it does apply to anything listed on your CR. You send the letter to the normal dispute address listed on their site.

Something is telling me that this has been delivered and the ball has been dropped by the PO, it happens all the time, it did to me several times, if so all you can do is send another one CMRR

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.