Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Point Solutions (Credit Repair)

tag
jamiii
New Contributor

Rising Point Solutions (Credit Repair)

Anyone use these guys before?  My mortgage broker suggested giving them a shot because my credit is fine for FHA once I get my utilization down a bit but with a few derog drops he thinks I could qualify for conventional.  And before anyone starts, I know I can do what they do myself and I have.  I did the work to get me from a 450 to 637 but figured it couldn't hurt to try these guys out to help push me over the finish line.

Best case I figure it saves me some money long term on my mortgage, worst case I gambled a couple hundred bucks and see no changes.

Any recomendations?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Rising Point Solutions (Credit Repair)

What specifically on your report is holding you down?

Message 2 of 21
jamiii
New Contributor

3 CO

3 Unpaid collections

1 paid collection

Message 3 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

@jamiii wrote:

3 CO

3 Unpaid collections

1 paid collection

DV the unpaid collectiopns, and then if necessary do a PFD.  

GW the paid collection.

Maybe GW the charge-offs, but if they're legitimate not much you can do until they age off.  I'm not sure what a service could do in addition to that... 

Message 4 of 21
jamiii
New Contributor

@p- wrote:

@jamiii wrote:

3 CO

3 Unpaid collections

1 paid collection

DV the unpaid collectiopns, and then if necessary do a PFD.  

GW the paid collection.

Maybe GW the charge-offs, but if they're legitimate not much you can do until they age off.  I'm not sure what a service could do in addition to that... 

Yeah, I know all that already, like I said in the OP I've done a lot of work myself already....I was looking for recommendations/suggestions on this or other credit repair companies.  But thanks anyway....

Message 5 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have done the work and it didn't work, nobody you pay will be able to do any better.  They can't because they are legally limited to what they can do.

Message 6 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

jamiii wrote:  Yeah, I know all that already, like I said in the OP I've done a lot of work myself already....I was looking for recommendations/suggestions on this or other credit repair companies.  But thanks anyway....

I feel ya - you've tried everything and are at your wits end.  You thnk maybe it's worth a couple of hundred just to see if it works, and you're hoping someone here will agree, just to give you that extra justification to try it.

Personaly, I say don't waste your money.   

Message 7 of 21
jamiii
New Contributor

@p- wrote:

jamiii wrote:  Yeah, I know all that already, like I said in the OP I've done a lot of work myself already....I was looking for recommendations/suggestions on this or other credit repair companies.  But thanks anyway....

I feel ya - you've tried everything and are at your wits end.  You thnk maybe it's worth a couple of hundred just to see if it works, and you're hoping someone here will agree, just to give you that extra justification to try it.

Personaly, I say don't waste your money.   

Again, p-, no I'm not looking for anyone to justify an action.  I am asking for advice from someone who has experience with this company or a company like this.  Please don't jump to conclusions (again) as to what I am asking or looking for.  Especially when I spelled it out pretty clearly.  So if you don't have something to add re: this or another credit repair company, perhaps you would be better served moving along to another thread.

Message 8 of 21
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Friendly reminder to all play nice. We are here to give advise and to answer questions to the best of our ability. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable asking a poster on here. 

DaBears!!!

Message 9 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

jamiii wrote:  Again, p-, no I'm not looking for anyone to justify an action.  I am asking for advice from someone who has experience with this company or a company like this.  Please don't jump to conclusions (again) as to what I am asking or looking for.  Especially when I spelled it out pretty clearly.  So if you don't have something to add re: this or another credit repair company, perhaps you would be better served moving along to another thread.

I understand what you were asking.  You want to know if anyone here has had success with rising point, and if it's worth a couple of hundred on a gamble that they might help you.  Like Guinness said, if you've done all of the work yourself and it dead-ends, no pay service can do better.  This knowledge is based on testimonials by hundreds of people here with direct personal experience.  We, the community, answer your question with a "No".

The thing about advice forums is you get a lot of opinions from a lot of people.  At the end of the day it's your choice whether to follow that advice.

Maybe it's worth a couple hundred dollars of your money so that the rest of us can learn from your experience.  Go ahead, spend it if you want, and let us know how it works out for you.  If it does work, I'm sure several of us will follow suit.  If not, you'll have spent a small amount to learn a valuable lesson.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.