Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk GW'ing Cap One lates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Risk GW'ing Cap One lates?

I had a Cap One CC that was charged off about 2 years ago.  I GW'd them and got it removed last year. (before you ask for contact info, I sent a generic GW to their General Correspondence PO Box in Salt Lake City.  I just got very very lucky).

On my other Cap One that I still have, I have 4 30s, 2 60s and 2 90s that I would like removed.  These are all from 2+ yrs ago.  At the very least, I would like the 90s removed.  My questions is should I GW these?  We know how stringent Cap One is, and I'm afraid that if I GW them, they will look at my account, see the CO and put the CO back on my reports. 

I GWd these lates a few times last year, and I kept getting the same canned responses. I decided to stop sending them in so that I would not risk having the CO put back on.  What do you all think?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Risk GW'ing Cap One lates?

Someone with more knowledge of this would also need to respond, but I believe there is a process that they would need to go through to relist your GW'ed tradeline after voluntarily removing it.  So it's unlikely that they would relist it, especially if they didn't attempt to do so after your previous GW attempts. Did you actually pay off the CO? The real danger you face with that CO is that Cap1 is notorious for suing over defaulted TL right before the SOL expires.  While they GW got the account removed from your reports, that didn't take care of the actual debt.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I paid it off right after they charged it off.  I requested the GW about a year or so afterward.

Message 3 of 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

OK then you should be fine to continue sending GW.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.