Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadblock with Synchrony Bank/Walmart Card Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roadblock with Synchrony Bank/Walmart Card Collections

Hello Newbie here,

I'm trying to restore my credit by call/writing for deletion, going from smallest to largest bills however, i've been having the hardest time with Walmart/Synchrony Bank($1400). i have to full payment ready to go for pay for deletion, however every time i call Synchrony bank, they transfer me thru 3 diffrent reps in the end just to tell me NO. I've tried emailing them with no luck. Please advice what should i do at this point? My goal is to pay this account for deletion to restore my credit, thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roadblock with Synchrony Bank/Walmart Card Collections

Unfortunately not every creditor will do PFD. If you continue to get no then just pay it. Paid off is better then a balance still owing and you report can start recovering.
Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs, for their own internal business reasons, do not want accurate information deleted from their files, and thus have a policy, incorportated into their credit reporting agreements, that instructs all furnishers not to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.

Many organizations thus have general policies, passed down to their employees, that deletion should not be granted based on payment of the debt.

Continuing to call first-line employees is likely to get the same result.

I sugges calling someone up the managment chain who has authority to grant an exception to their normal policy of no-deletion.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG,
I've tried emailing the CEO and other management staffs with no luck. I do not have numbers to call.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...
Great news....just got a letter in the mail, after emailing the CEO Maegaret Keane three times. They are not willing to delete my account however, they have reinstated my account to current status. Reduced my interest rate to 0% for six months and updated my credit report which will take 60 days.

Thanks to myfico for the help. 1 down, 2 to go .
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update...
Great news....just got a letter in the mail, after emailing the CEO Maegaret Keane three times. They are not willing to delete my account however, they have reinstated my account to current status. Reduced my interest rate to 0% for six months and updated my credit report which will take 60 days.

Thanks to myfico for the help. 1 down, 2 to go .

excellent! I just sent margaret keane an email aws well, hoping to get the same results as you!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean by reinstating to current? Still show negative history?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account is now active status and all the fees have been dismissed.
Message 8 of 12
laylandad
Valued Member

Care to share the email that you used?

Message 9 of 12
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Hey OP. What phone number did you call?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.