Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round 2 Disputing Repossession #noclue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Round 2 Disputing Repossession #noclue

hi all I have a repossession that i diputed before and it was updated. I hope that someone who has some expertise can suggest how i can get this off my credit.

This is how it's posted on creditkarama and on my equifax report. Any suggestion are greatly appreicated I don't know what to look for when it comes to errors.

Last Reported 
Nov 04, 2015
Creditor Name 
GFS 11 LLC
Account Type 
Auto
Account Status 
Open
Opened Date 
May 01, 2014
Closed Date 
--
Limit 
--
Term 
42 Months
Monthly Payment 
$42
Responsibility 
Individual Account.
Balance 
$9,453
Highest Balance 
$8,561
Payment Status 
Repossession/Foreclosure
Worst Payment Status 
--
Date of Last Payment 
Oct 01, 2014
Amount Past Due 
$9,453
Times 30/60/90 Days Late 
1/0/11
Remarks 
Involuntary repossession

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Round 2 Disputing Repossession #noclue

You cannot get this off your report unless something being reported is inaccurate, which doesn't automatically mean that it'll come off, or that they somehow violated the FCRA or FDCPA or did/is doing something malicious to hurt your credit standing.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What inaccuracy are you disputing?

If there are no inaccuracies or FCRA/FDCPA violations, there's nothing there for you to dispute. If the reporting is aboveboard, then your only recourse is to start a GW campaign and hope you have success with that, or you'll be waiting till 2021 for it to fall off your report.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only thing I see that is questionably inaccurate is the Open Date of May 1, 2014.

That does not jive with the derog reporting date back in 2011.

I have no idea what you previously disputed, or how the account was corrected in view of whatever was disputed.

However, either a prior dispute or any renewed dispute, such as to correct how the account could have an Open date after the reported date of a prior derog, would not be directed at the accuracy of the fact that the vehicle was repo'd, and thus would not be basis for deletion of the entire account.  If account deletion or deletion of the reporting of the repo is your objective, then a dispute of other account information would not further that objective.

You can dispute to obtain correction of inaccuracies, but the outcome of a dispute does not require deletion of information not subject of the dispute, or deletion of the disputed information if it can be corrrected to overcome the asserted inaccuracy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.