Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round 8 - Verizon GW letter

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Round 8 - Verizon GW letter

Lets see how this one goes.  I just sent my 8th GW letter to Verizon regarding my paid 2009 closed account.  I started sending them letters in June 2012.  The CO is the only one I have on my credit reports and was for the pitance of $109.  UGGG

I have spent so much time on this account.  Wish me luck.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: Round 8 - Verizon GW letter

I sincerely wish you luck! I have a CO with them as well. They told me that they will not PFD. They told me that if I paid it 2-3 years ago when it first appeared they would've deleted. I plan to pay them and GW them to death. My CO is factoring into my utilization and keeping my score down.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 2 of 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Go figure, they completely ignored my email.  I tried to contact one of the regional heads via their online message system.  Thing said I would have response in 48 hours.  48 hours passed and no response.  Color me surprised (insert sarcasm)

Message 3 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

"its the network"
...sorry i had to and gl, keep up with the messages as they will get sick of getting them before you give up

Message 4 of 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I have 2.5 years left with this baddie.  They have 2.5 years left of getting messages, letters and phone calls from me Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

+1 annoy them into submission

Message 6 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Try planetfeedback.  For whatever reasons, I have seen those that had good luck going this route.

Message 7 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would speculate that it's easier to simply toss annoying and repeated GW requests in the nearest circular file than to take the time to delete in order to avoid potential requests.

I would attempt to find the name of an individual and give he/she a call rather than send repeated requests to the same 'ole adress/party.

Requesting GW deeltion of a CO is particularly iffy, as they have branded you by way of the CO as one who is unlikely to pay the debt.

Perhaps some enhancement of the request by some reason why deletin would possibly benefit them?

Message 8 of 17
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I don't think you will have much luck with GW letters. I can't say for certain but I believe most reps lose access to an account once it has been charged off meaning the chances of your letter making it to the right people who CAN take action are rather slim.

Message 9 of 17
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Keep the faith...We are dealing with human beings. They can and will do whatever they feel like doing when your letter hits their hands. I had a CO with a bank and they deleted last week. I sent about 4 letters. They asked the CRAs to expedite the deletion and even sent me a store gift card.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.