Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rsndom questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rsndom questions

Hi everyone.
As you will quickly discover I'm a newbie here. I have been lurking and have tons of questions.
A lender pulled my credit report and I have been going to work on it. We are hoping to buy a house. My husbands score are in the mid 700's. Since practically everything is in my hubby's name only equifax had anything to report on me. I have a car loan with no late payments that will be paid off next November.Recently my husband and I financed some furniture to help establish some credit for me. No late payments but only several months old. There was 7 medical derogatory listed. All from the local hospital. Three was from lab work that I had in fact paid. They were deleted within days. Two was from outsourced radiology readings that.the hospital sent out but failed to send my insurance info to. I spoke with the collection company and paid both in full. She agreed to delete them and said it could take up to 45 days. This wasn't my fault. Should it have been deleted immediately as the others were? I didn't want to be pushy because she was agreeing to delete. After filing with my insurance i have been reimbursed but it still wasn't either parties fault. The hospital was to blame. I feel i shouldn't have to wait 45 days. Not sure of my legal rights on that point.
My fico score was 570. My loan officer advised me to get a secured credit card. I went with Capital One. I paid the annual fee as soon as i received the card. I then spent 17 dollars on it and i am waiting on the first bill to arrive. It has a $200 limit. Am I doing ok with that? We have never had a credit card before and really know nothing about them. We found a house and made an offer that was accepted. He had agreed to wait a couple.of months to close to give.me time to pull my score up. My husband has been pre approved but we need my income to qualify for the amount we are financing. Almost made it with just his. Smiley Sad
I need my score to be 610 to qualify. Do you think I will see that kind of boost?
There is two more derogs from the same hospital I'm trying to track down to make sure are not errors. But i noticed on the copy of the report i received that almost every derog was listed twice for the same account. Which at a glance makes it look even worse. What is that about?
Any thoughts on how i can do more to help?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rsndom questions

Sorry for any spelling errors. Dang smart phone.
I meant to ask how much I should i pay Cap One when i receive the bill? Should i even wait for the bill? Should i keep a small balance as the loan officer advised?
Message 2 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone.
As you will quickly discover I'm a newbie here. I have been lurking and have tons of questions.
A lender pulled my credit report and I have been going to work on it. We are hoping to buy a house. My husbands score are in the mid 700's. Since practically everything is in my hubby's name only equifax had anything to report on me. I have a car loan with no late payments that will be paid off next November.Recently my husband and I financed some furniture to help establish some credit for me. No late payments but only several months old. There was 7 medical derogatory listed. All from the local hospital. Three was from lab work that I had in fact paid. They were deleted within days. Two was from outsourced radiology readings that.the hospital sent out but failed to send my insurance info to. I spoke with the collection company and paid both in full. She agreed to delete them and said it could take up to 45 days. This wasn't my fault. Should it have been deleted immediately as the others were? Most will say it takes 30-45 days to report and have your report updated, so don't worry, it's not like she is punishing you.I didn't want to be pushy because she was agreeing to delete. After filing with my insurance i have been reimbursed but it still wasn't either parties fault. The hospital was to blame. I feel i shouldn't have to wait 45 days. Not sure of my legal rights on that point. None
My fico score was 570. My loan officer advised me to get a secured credit card. I went with Capital One. I paid the annual fee as soon as i received the card. I then spent 17 dollars on it and i am waiting on the first bill to arrive. It has a $200 limit. Am I doing ok with that? I suggest that you get two or three cards with as high of limits as you can afford ($1500 or so). This will help you establish yourself as someone who deserves more trust. Use all the cards (you don't have to spend a lot) and pay all but one off, on which you leave 9%> of your total availible credit as a balance and then pay it off as soon as the statement comes out. We have never had a credit card before and really know nothing about them. We found a house and made an offer that was accepted. He had agreed to wait a couple.of months to close to give.me time to pull my score up. My husband has been pre approved but we need my income to qualify for the amount we are financing. Almost made it with just his. Smiley Sad
I need my score to be 610 to qualify. Do you think I will see that kind of boost? I believe that I have layed out the most efficient road to the boost that you are looking for.
There is two more derogs from the same hospital I'm trying to track down to make sure are not errors. But i noticed on the copy of the report i received that almost every derog was listed twice for the same account. Which at a glance makes it look even worse. What is that about? Duplicate reports don't count twice against you, don't worry.
Any thoughts on how i can do more to help? The removal of the derogs will boost you significantly, the credit cards will take you the rest of the way... no problem.
Thanks in advance for any advice

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advice. I have been so stressed.
Do you think I should make a follow call to the CA? She agreed to delete it but it was three days before Thanksgiving and I paid her right then. I'm afraid she may forget me now that its paid off. And what should i say? I wouldn't want to aggravate her being I failed to get it in writing.
Message 4 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I would get your credit accounts going and give her the time she said it would take. Don't give her a reason to do something to spite you. Chances are, her company only reports to the CRAs once a month and she doesn't control it. She probably already put the request in and is waiting for her company to report. Focus on the things that you can control...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.