Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rushmore Service Center

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

Rushmore Service Center

I feel like I'm sure posting a lot lately! Lol!  

Anyway, I just called Premier Bankcard to ask about debt transfer (they're still reporting a balance on a charged off card).  They told me that they sold my debt to a CA called Rusmhmore Service Center.  Gave me a phone number too... Has anyone dealt with them?  A search of the forum turned up nada.  

This CA (Rushmore Service Center) is not on any of my reports yet.  The card was charged off in November 2011.  How can I reach out to them to settle, without stirring up the dust causing them to start reporting?  I want to head this off at the pass!  Any suggessions?

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Rushmore Service Center

Here's a Bump  Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Once you become aware that a debt collector has obtained collector authority, either by way of assignment from the OC or purchase of the debt, you can send them a request for debt verification under FDCPA 809(b).  You dont have to wait for them to initiate collection activities.

Your DV will invoke an automatic cease collection bar on them, preventing their reporting of their collection to a CRA until they have provided the requested debt verification.

It at least gives you a breather against reporting.

However, a DV is a two-edged sword.  Its imposition of a cease collection bar also prevents them from any negotiations, which is a collection activity.

Your choice.  If you wish to contact them and request to pay in exchange for their NOT reporting, that might be the best path.  That might be more acceptable to them than a request for deletion after they have reported.

Message 3 of 5
movinup1
New Contributor

Sounds good.  Thanks for the info.  I did a little more research, and it seems like this Rushmore Service Center is somehow tied to First Premier.  Same names on both of their boards, etc... I can't find any BBB info on Rushmore either.  And their addresses are very close together.  Does anyone know the relationship between these two?  Something just seems funny to me... Bank owning, or in bed with the CA??  I want to know who I'm really dealing with.

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Google both names and see what you get ...First Premier + Rushmore Service Center.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.