cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S'plain Lucy...WHY should I not dispute?

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: S'plain Lucy...WHY should I not dispute?

@Mindcrime wrote:

Complaining to the BBB will get you no where.  The BBB has no power over the CA, and even if they did, what does it matter...the CA provided the OP with documentation that account is to be deleted.  They, as it seems, held up their end of the agreement.  Now this is a CRA issue.

Please explain how it's a CRA issue? The CRA's only report the information given to them either by the OC or CA. It can take up to 60 days for the account to be either updated or deleted!

Message 11 of 23
Mindcrime

If CA told CRA to delete, it's then, at that point, out of the CA's hands. It's s CRA issue. If it can take up to 60 days then, how would complaining to BBB about CA fix this?
Message 12 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Mindcrime wrote:
If CA told CRA to delete, it's then, at that point, out of the CA's hands. It's s CRA issue. If it can take up to 60 days then, how would complaining to BBB about CA fix this?

How would disputing an accurate TL fix it?  How does anyone know the CA did in fact tell the CRA to delete?

Message 13 of 23
electra
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@electra wrote:

I understand that the CRA official policy may be that CAs are advised against PFD but, if the CA doesn't care about their agreement with the CRAs why should I?  It's policy, not law. I'm not proposing to lie, I would simply send a dispute stating that I had communications with the CA and they have agreed to remove their reporting.   The lady is sending me a letter to that effect, actually and she told me to include it with my dispute.    She encouraged me multiple times to dispute, saying that would be the fastest way to get it removed. She said when the CRAs send them a dispute they will reply back immediately to remove.  Honestly, she was VERY nice and I didn't feel like she was pulling my chain at all.  She must do this all the time.   I really wouldn't want to file a BBB dispute against them because she has been quite decent...THAT would feel icky to me.  Also, 90 days to update seems beyond ridiculous. 

Speaking of which, one thing I don't get though, is whywhywhy it takes so friggin' long to update your CR in some cases?   Or rather, why is it all over the map?  Like I said in my former post, my GW deletion they said they would delete and two of them happened pretty quickly, one within days and the other within a couple weeks...then the third just sat there.    How exactly does the communication between the CAs and CRAs work?  This being the age of computers, one would imagine there is an actual digital link where the CAs can communicate. After some type of review I would imagine the changes/additions get queued to a batch file or something which runs x/day.   No?  Or, do they put a messenger on a donkey who then delivers a scroll to a room full of trolls who then vote on which scroll gets sent to the wizard for magically updating your file?   Smiley Happy

That is why.  It is NOT an inaccurate account.  The only thing is the agreement between you and the CA saying they would delete which does not make it inaccurate.  It can take up to 90 days depending on when the CA reports.  Some do it quarterly. 

Have you contacted the CA back and asked when they were going to delete it?  They could have forgotten to send it to this CRA.

I wouldn't claim that it was inaccurate...just that the CA had notified me that it was being removed.  

I've spoken to the CA twice now since they got the money order.  The first time I called to verify they had received it.  That was about a week and a half ago.  She told me they would immediately send notice to the CRAs to delete and would be sending me a letter.  She encouraged me to dispute also at that point, saying it was the fastest way to get these removed.  I've been monitoring my CRs daily and yesterday, when I had neither gotten the letter nor had any of my CRs been updated, I called her again.  She assured me that they had sent the delete notices to the CRAs and AGAIN told me to dispute.  I told her I had been advised not to and she seemed to think that was nonsense.  I might add that the CA I worked with on my GW deletion told me the same thing...if I wanted them deleted fastest...I should dispute.   In that case I waited because I was advised not to dispute and 2 were removed but the third was not until I disputed it so I feel like I should have just disputed it right away and it would have been off much earlier.

Message 14 of 23
Mindcrime

Not sure why you are so against OP disputing the trade line as Inaccurate. That coupled with the UDF from the CA should push CRA to delete pretty fast. If CA agreed to delete, and told CRA as such, then the actual reporting of the account is inaccurate.

Ask for proof of UDF.
Message 15 of 23
electra
Established Contributor

@Mindcrime wrote:
Not sure why you are so against OP disputing the trade line as Inaccurate. That coupled with the UDF from the CA should push CRA to delete pretty fast. If CA agreed to delete, and told CRA as such, then the actual reporting of the account is inaccurate.

Ask for proof of UDF.

What is a UDF?

Message 16 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@electra wrote:

@Mindcrime wrote:

Ask for proof of UDF.

What is a UDF?

Universal Data Form that is used to transmit data to the CRA.

Message 17 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@electra wrote:

@Mindcrime wrote:

Ask for proof of UDF.

What is a UDF?

Message 18 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Mindcrime wrote:

Ask for proof of UDF.

Because myFICO forums must abide by the CROA guidlines.  Which is what guiness is going by giving you the advice she is.  We cannot allow some of the discussions or promote certain activities that you may find on other sites.  Since myFICO does sell reports and scores, it must follow these guidelines. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 19 of 23
Mindcrime

Shogun,

I don't believe that disputing the TL as such is inaccurate considering the facts. OP is allowed to do what they want. We all know CRA's don't exactly follow rules all (much?) of the time, and consumers are forced to suffer at their hand.

It would be a good idea for consumers to read both the FCRA and FDCPA, front to back so they have a clear understanding of the laws in place protecting them from non-compliance from both CA's and CRA's. 607 (b) of FCRA... Don't see that happening if CRA is ignoring UDF, but, time will tell.

Also, telling the OP to complain to the BBB is only giving them a false sense of security, not only does BBB have zero power in forcing the CA to do something, but it could actually cause a backlash in the CA not sending/resending UDF to CRA.

Sorry if my views are extreme, just trying to let consumers know they have options.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.