Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAY WHAAAATTT!!!!! :( :'(

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

SAY WHAAAATTT!!!!! :( :'(

I feel so effing discouraged and disappointed right now.  So since I been unable to pull my FICO scores directly from here, I decided to get it from EQUIFAX Score Power which is supposedly direct real FICO scores.  BOYYYY I was totally floored to see the scores that was thrown back at me!! C'mon now I know EQ always tend to be my lowest score amongst all bureaus but it cant be this bad..... Just one negative (an unpaid BOA charge off $1560 & 1 hard inquiry 07/23/2013) plus high utilization and I'm sitting at 490!!!!!!! People i say 490!!!!! This can't be life for real, got me so depressed. Credit Karma stay be fooling me all these while that my scores are 552 and I stay catching false hopes imma hit the 600s in a few months when I pay off my balance to zero. At 490 I can't even be redeemed ... the way I feel right naw, I just wanna say eff it to rebuilding and let my scores revive itself over time. This just killed ma vibes and spirit smhhh I'm out.....

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Re: SAY WHAAAATTT!!!!! :( :'(

You can definitely be redeemed at 490. I started at 464 in December of 2012. I had a charge off cc, over 20 collection accounts, an outrageous number of inquiries, late payments on student loans...I can go on and on. I am proud to say thanks to this site, I have no collections on TU, I have fixed my late payments on student loans, I've obtained 12 revolving accounts (store cards and credit cards) and a new auto line. I'm sitting at 673 on TU, 630 on EQ and I'm unsure of EX but I know it's higher than EQ because I have one baddie (paid) on EX and two paid baddies on EQ. Don't give up hope! Keep at it! Those scores have no where to go but up!!! Last night I applied and was approved for my first prime card!! I'm not boasting just hoping to motivate you! Good luck

Melanie
Message 2 of 20
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Get that utilization down to <9% and start shooting off settlement offers to BOA. Or check the site and see if ppl have luck with PFD. Either way get it paid and start good willing them every day if needed!
Message 3 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

I feel so effing discouraged and disappointed right now.  So since I been unable to pull my FICO scores directly from here, I decided to get it from EQUIFAX Score Power which is supposedly direct real FICO scores.  BOYYYY I was totally floored to see the scores that was thrown back at me!! C'mon now I know EQ always tend to be my lowest score amongst all bureaus but it cant be this bad..... Just one negative (an unpaid BOA charge off $1560 & 1 hard inquiry 07/23/2013) plus high utilization and I'm sitting at 490!!!!!!! People i say 490!!!!! This can't be life for real, got me so depressed. Credit Karma stay be fooling me all these while that my scores are 552 and I stay catching false hopes imma hit the 600s in a few months when I pay off my balance to zero. At 490 I can't even be redeemed ... the way I feel right naw, I just wanna say eff it to rebuilding and let my scores revive itself over time. This just killed ma vibes and spirit smhhh I'm out.....

Work out a plan to get your utilization down to less than 30% at minimum. This isnt as bad as you think. The score does seem low for what you say is on the report. Are there public records involved here too ?

Message 4 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Work out a plan to get your utilization down to less than 30% at minimum. This isnt as bad as you think. The score does seem low for what you say is on the report. Are there public records involved here too ?

gdale there's not a single collection, no bankruptcy, no judgment, no tax lien, no foreclosure u name it. The only thing on there that is a negative is the unpaid BOA charge off and one hard inquiry from July 2013. That is absolutely it... I mean with these, if my scores were like around 500-520 I can understand but not at 490 for gawd sake! My open account - Cap 1 has a perfect payment history although it's maxed to the core but I been making payments on it. As a matter of fact my due date is today and I just paid $200 as opposed to the $45 minimum payment. That is plain ridiculous and makes no sense at all. I really dunno how to go about this

Message 5 of 20
virgo
Established Contributor

It's a vicious circle.  I always paid my Chase on time and a little above the minimum.  That apparently only makes Chase happy. To make your score happy, your util must be as the others have said. When I paid down the same Chase card to 0 I got 61 pts.

Message 6 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

I don't think Equifax Score Power is a true Fico score. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not. Something tells me your Fico is higher than 490.

Message 7 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Melanie220 wrote:
Get that utilization down to <9% and start shooting off settlement offers to BOA. Or check the site and see if ppl have luck with PFD. Either way get it paid and start good willing them every day if needed!

Haha Melanie thanks that sure gives me some ray of hope but it's not as easy. I got other debts but none has made its way to my credit file yet so im trying as hard as possible to ward them off. This charge off with BOA shouldn't have even occured in the first place cos I purchased this BOA Credit Protection Plus thingy when I first got my Bank Americard Cah Rewards card. When I noticed I was gonna have difficulties in keeping up with my regular payments I tried to activate the protection which should have covered me for 18months straight up. But BOA being as difficult as they are never approved it until like last week. I requested the benefit protection back in June 2013 and I only got my approval just this week on March 17 (almost a year later) and my account charged off this January 2014. But u know what?! I'm mapping ma plans together and ready to slam them so hard. They are gonna have to reverse the charge off, remove all the late payments (prior to ma struggles I had a perfect payment history with them) and if possible reopen ma account - but I dont care bout the last. Imma keep u guys updated how my fight with them turns out.... and ma apologies for the long ranting, just needed to vent a little. Keep up with the good job so u can keep folks like us inspired. Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

@Melanie220 wrote:

Haha Melanie thanks that sure gives me some ray of hope but it's not as easy. I got other debts but none has made its way to my credit file yet so im trying as hard as possible to ward them off. This charge off with BOA shouldn't have even occured in the first place cos I purchased this BOA Credit Protection Plus thingy when I first got my Bank Americard Cah Rewards card. When I noticed I was gonna have difficulties in keeping up with my regular payments I tried to activate the protection which should have covered me for 18months straight up. But BOA being as difficult as they are never approved it until like last week. I requested the benefit protection back in June 2013 and I only got my approval just this week on March 17 (almost a year later) and my account charged off this January 2014. But u know what?! I'm mapping ma plans together and ready to slam them so hard. They are gonna have to reverse the charge off, remove all the late payments (prior to ma struggles I had a perfect payment history with them) and if possible reopen ma account - but I dont care bout the last. Imma keep u guys updated how my fight with them turns out.... and ma apologies for the long ranting, just needed to vent a little. Keep up with the good job so u can keep folks like us inspired. Thank you Smiley Happy

WHOA, ya I think you have recourse here with them over this, demand by US Mail CMRR that the CO be removed and the account restored to current status, if they wont budge either file a CFPB complaint or hire a consumer attorney and hit them with a suit.

Message 9 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

I feel so effing discouraged and disappointed right now.  So since I been unable to pull my FICO scores directly from here, I decided to get it from EQUIFAX Score Powe

I don't think Equifax Score Power is a true Fico score. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not. Something tells me your Fico is higher than 490.

@baller4life I coulda sworn my score was AT LEAST 520. I was hit so hard in the face when I saw 490. I better hope thats not the real FICO score cos I just wasted $19.95 that coulda been used for a movie ticket this evening in this nice weather smhh... oh well I blame myFICO for giving me the BS everytime I tried to obtain my scores directly from here but it's all good.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.