cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM WARNING! PHISHING?? I know this can't be real!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

SCAM WARNING! PHISHING?? I know this can't be real!

Got a phone call on my Google Voice MAIL!  I do not know how this scam artist got it, the number is in my name not my husbands!  I also know that you do not get a warning when you are going to be served papers or arrested!

Anyway, here's the message she left!

Hi, this is Ann conti with the warren Department of Elite services this message is intended for Brian Roberts this call is to inform you of two felony complaint that I received this morning to file against you with Jefferson parish if you would like to know more about these complaints. I advise you to call me on my direct line. Which is 855 645 8119 this message is regarding two felony complaint. That will turn into an active arrest warrant if you do not get in contact with me immediately. Brian at this point you have now been legally notified for all state federal and County laws with your social security number attached. Thank you, and good luck.

The call was originally placed from 504-270-1523 which I googled and found that it's a number belonging to 504-270-1523 Jamel Kyper on Belfast St, New Orleans, Louisiana. Should I report this number to BELL SOUTH Phone company? It's a landline!

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCAM WARNING! PHISHING?? I know this can't be real!

I've gotten these before on my cell and google voice numbers, report the numbers to those suspicious numbers database sites so others know.

Message 2 of 6
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've gotten these before on my cell and google voice numbers, report the numbers to those suspicious numbers database sites so others know.

I just finished reporting it to the FTC!  Smiley Happy

It's on the 800 notes site, but nothing about who it's from or anything.  I've searched the name of the comnpany and can't find anyting. LOL

Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even better. 

Most of the calls I get don't even ask for me by name. They are prerecorded messages saying "my name and social security number" and telling me I'm criminally charged with something. So absurd.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten two Illinois calls in the last 2 days. When I google the numbers stuff like that comes up. The company has been sued a bunch of times for violating the law. Don't answer numbers you don't know folks and yes add to databases! 

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

These calls can be so annoying. It's a good heads up.for anyone unaware though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.