cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE BUMP!!! SHOULD I SEND CAP 1 A GW LETTER???

tag
cazz
Regular Contributor

SCORE BUMP!!! SHOULD I SEND CAP 1 A GW LETTER???

HEY!! I RECENTLY GOT AN AUTO LOAN APPROVAL WITH MY 606 FICO SCORE.. I WASN'T TOO SURPRISED BECAUSE I RECENTLY GOT ALL THE BADDIES OFF MY REPORT SO AT THIS POINT I WAS JUST BUILDING MY SCORE... ANYWAY I GOT APPROVED FOR MY SECOND AUTO LOAN.. I TRADED IN MY 2006 CHEVY IMPALA WHICH I STILL OWED 8500 ON AND GOT A 2013 CHEVY CRUZE AND THEY BOUGHT MY IMPALA FOR $7000 SO I ONLY HAD THE REMAINING $1500 ADDED TO MY LOAN SO MY PAYMENTS ARENT MUCH HIGHER THAN WHAT I WAS PREVIOUSLY PAYING!!! YAY ME!!! THEN A FEW DAYS LATER I SAW THAT MY FICO SCORE JUMPED 50 POINTS!! IM NOW AT 656.. JUST WONDERING NOW THAT MY CAR LOAN WITH CAPITAL ONE IS PAID OFF AND I HAVE A NEW LOAN WITH ANOTHER COMPANY SHOULD I SEND CAP 1 A GW LETTER TO GET RID OF THE 30 AND 60 DAY LATES. THE MOST RECENT 30 DAY LATE WAS IN JANUARY AND IVE BEEN CURRENT EVER SINCE. LIKE I SAID I HAVE NO MORE BADDIES AND I KEEP MY 2 CC AT 10% OR LESS UTILIZATION.. ANY INFO WOULD HELP ON THIS ONE GUYS!! THANKS :catvery-happy:

P.S.  JUST GOT ANOTHER SCORE WATCH ALERT.. IM UP TO 669 WOOT WOOT!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Re: SCORE BUMP!!! SHOULD I SEND CAP 1 A GW LETTER???

If you score is up, and you are doing good, why do you want to play in the snakes pit? Leave it alone. EVEN IF THEY REMOVED the late baddy, what do you think its going to do, raise your score by 5-10 points? Leave it alone, that's my advice.

Message 2 of 7
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

I would send the good will!
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Melanie220 wrote:
I would send the good will!

Agree 100%.  If you aren;t applying for anything soon, send the GW letter.  All they can do is say no.  And if they do, send it again.

Message 4 of 7
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

google Capital One CEO email address.  Send an email to them with your acct number and such and ask for a deletion.  Send letters to their address on your credit file.  Go to their website and use the chat to ask for a deletion.  Keep on them.  I did and I got it removed after about the 6th correspondence.  And cotrary to what the second poster said.  It is definetly worth it.  I only had one 30 day late and my score went up 35 points!!  That ain't chicken feed fo sho!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 5 of 7
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

+2 lol 35 points!!
Message 6 of 7
cazz
Regular Contributor

ok thank you all for your suggestions.. Actually after looking at a CR from may it looks like it wasnt a 30 day late it was a 60 day late that i had in January and a few 30 and 60 day lates anywhere between june 2012 -december 2012 so I think that asking for a removal of these lates will definitely help my score bump.. Especially since I now have a new car and a different company that im financing with. I'm trying to get my first home by March of 2014 so hopefully my score will be in the 700's by then... Thank you all sooooo much

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.