Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE INCREASE AFTER PAYMENT

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

SCORE INCREASE AFTER PAYMENT

I am wondering as I attempt my next phase of rebuilding.  I am preparing my GW/PFD letters to the last of my creditors and understand they are under NO obligation to oblige, but I am looking at my options.  Once I have paid/settled these accounts whichever we agree how long should I wait to see an improvement on my scores.  I have 2 auto loans with perfect payment history...with one actually should be PIF by Dec 2015 or early Jan 2016 and 1 more installation item that will PIF by April this year  I have 2 credit cards and a fingerhut revolving accountpaid all down to a zero balance and am gardening the credit cards and fingerhut for now.   Current scores are 582; 592; 532.  I have already deleted one account and working on another one.  2 accounts that are challenging per the forum so, I am praying for the irect approach.  I am seeking to have all resolved by April.  Thanks for any advice and assistance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SCORE INCREASE AFTER PAYMENT

@Kimberly68 wrote:

I am wondering as I attempt my next phase of rebuilding.  I am preparing my GW/PFD letters to the last of my creditors and understand they are under NO obligation to oblige, but I am looking at my options.  Once I have paid/settled these accounts whichever we agree how long should I wait to see an improvement on my scores.  I have 2 auto loans with perfect payment history...with one actually should be PIF by Dec 2015 or early Jan 2016 and 1 more installation item that will PIF by April this year  I have 2 credit cards and a fingerhut revolving accountpaid all down to a zero balance and am gardening the credit cards and fingerhut for now.   Current scores are 582; 592; 532.  I have already deleted one account and working on another one.  2 accounts that are challenging per the forum so, I am praying for the irect approach.  I am seeking to have all resolved by April.  Thanks for any advice and assistance

Scores are instant a snapshot of a moment in time generated on the fly by what is in your CR, to see a large improvement you would need to have all negatives removed from your CR. Your score is lower now as you have 0 balances reporting on credit cards and that is where the action is, 30% is revolving debt utilization alone, 0 card balances scores as if you were using 30% of your credit, let 1 card report a small amount of money each month 10.00 is just fine. Instalment loans have very little impact on Fico unless you default on one, I would not be looking there for a large point gain. You need 1 more bankcard at minimum to help maximize your Fico so I would look at getting that at your earliest convenience. A paid account remaining on your CR is going to score the same as an unpaid one, its the fact that it happened that matters but it will be great on a manual review if an underwriter sees a paid rather than unpaid account. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.