Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORES

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

SCORES

Good morning and Happy New Years to each of you

Well this morning, I decided to pull my husband and my scores from differet websites.  i have been using Credit Karma and Capital One credit tracker to monitor scores and activity while we clean our report and rebuild again. 

Scores started in low 500 for both we have been paying everything on time for the last 2.5 years and paying off collections that accumulated during our separations.  We are seeking to purchase a new home again, (last one sold in order to purchase a new one in 2010 but we separated for 3 years). 

Scores retrieved are from Score Sense and CCT

In speaking with the lender

Score were husband: 595; 621; 635    mines: 600; 623; 630  3 months ago.  Since then I have added to mines 3 credit cards and fingerhut account revolving, all debts paid no lates removed some collections paid and still have a judgment that should be release soon.  The husband has 1 credit card and is an authorizaed user on one of mines and fingerhut account.  Also he has the same judgement to be release soon. 

The scores pulled are today

Husband

Score Sense: 515 Exp   524  Equ.  598  TU

CCT Score:  618 Exp   602 Equ     628 TU

Mines:

Score Sense   617  Exp   611 Eq    646  TU

CCT Scores:  642 Exp   657 Eq     649  TU

We have done nothing differently just continued to pay bills on time no knew negative reported which we constantly wathc report and also worked with a Credit Repair Company since neither one of us had the time to do ourselves due to the schedule and family issues we have had in the pass 4 months.  We have ended the contract with the company since they only did what we were doing.  Please advise why the scores are so different.  Our debt to ratio is great, we are both disable VA vets and initially we were using a company that went down to 580 but scores felt right at the 620 required.  So, just wanted to know why the diferrence mainly in husband's scores.  Major difference from lender and CCT Scores

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCORES

CCT is Fico 08 scores which the majority of lenders use. I'm not sure what score Score Sense uses. Credit Karma uses a Vantage score and Cap1 uses some other score type. The scores from the lender were probably Mortgage enhanced, which means an old mortgage is weighted heavier than on a regular Fico 08. So those are the reasons why the scores are different
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCORES

@Kimberly68 wrote:

Good morning and Happy New Years to each of you

Well this morning, I decided to pull my husband and my scores from differet websites.  i have been using Credit Karma and Capital One credit tracker to monitor scores and activity while we clean our report and rebuild again. 

Scores started in low 500 for both we have been paying everything on time for the last 2.5 years and paying off collections that accumulated during our separations.  We are seeking to purchase a new home again, (last one sold in order to purchase a new one in 2010 but we separated for 3 years). 

Scores retrieved are from Score Sense and CCT

In speaking with the lender

Score were husband: 595; 621; 635    mines: 600; 623; 630  3 months ago.  Since then I have added to mines 3 credit cards and fingerhut account revolving, all debts paid no lates removed some collections paid and still have a judgment that should be release soon.  The husband has 1 credit card and is an authorizaed user on one of mines and fingerhut account.  Also he has the same judgement to be release soon. 

The scores pulled are today

Husband

Score Sense: 515 Exp   524  Equ.  598  TU

CCT Score:  618 Exp   602 Equ     628 TU

Mines:

Score Sense   617  Exp   611 Eq    646  TU

CCT Scores:  642 Exp   657 Eq     649  TU

We have done nothing differently just continued to pay bills on time no knew negative reported which we constantly wathc report and also worked with a Credit Repair Company since neither one of us had the time to do ourselves due to the schedule and family issues we have had in the pass 4 months.  We have ended the contract with the company since they only did what we were doing.  Please advise why the scores are so different.  Our debt to ratio is great, we are both disable VA vets and initially we were using a company that went down to 580 but scores felt right at the 620 required.  So, just wanted to know why the diferrence mainly in husband's scores.  Major difference from lender and CCT Scores

CCT uses FICO 8 score model from all three CRAs. Lenders almost universally use FICO's older "mortgage" score models - FICO Score 2 (EX), FICO Score 4 (TU) and FICO Score 5 (EQ). These older models place more emphasis on smaller collections (under $100), among other differences that are "secret" and undisclosed by FICO maker Fair Isaac. If you buy a set of reports from here, you will get these older "mortgage" scores, as well as some other variants.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.